• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

hot pepper cuttings rooted

started hot pepper cuttings in some empty hot sauce bottles with just water. now have no idea what plants they came from. next time there are cutting from the plants I'm going to mark them. now have to wait till they grow up and produce to find out what they are! :dance:

Attachments

• IMG_2686.jpg
    IMG_2686.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_2680.jpg
    IMG_2680.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_2681.jpg
    IMG_2681.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 61
just used regular tap water, that's it, no rooting hormone . indirect sun. I just left it on the window sill. the cuttings are from a Biship's crown and Iji lemon. cuttings were going to be thrown out I didn't want to waste them.

Nice going...........it can be done,as you'vr proven. I have also had success with peppers and other types of crops/plants
I normally use a 50/50 combo of fine screen perlite and vermiculite.. The cutting gets dunked in rooting powder (shaking off the excess like you would with some chicken waiting to hit the deep fry)..............har

Whether I'd root in plain water of a soiless medium, I'd take the solo cup, place it in a 2 gal zip lock bag inflate the bag using a cocktail straw and zip it closed. The bag will stay inflated especially under the lighting. Condensation will form and there will be no need to mist the leaves...........(mini greenhouse)

PIC 1 said:
Nice going...........it can be done,as you'vr proven. I have also had success with peppers and other types of crops/plants
I normally use a 50/50 combo of fine screen perlite and vermiculite.. The cutting gets dunked in rooting powder (shaking off the excess like you would with some chicken waiting to hit the deep fry)..............har

Whether I'd root in plain water of a soiless medium, I'd take the solo cup, place it in a 2 gal zip lock bag inflate the bag using a cocktail straw and zip it closed. The bag will stay inflated especially under the lighting. Condensation will form and there will be no need to mist the leaves...........(mini greenhouse)
Hi there thank you for the ziplock bag idea definately going to try that

like a houseplant.......hmmmm

barbabyras said:
started hot pepper cuttings in some empty hot sauce bottles with just water. now have no idea what plants they came from. next time there are cutting from the plants I'm going to mark them. now have to wait till they grow up and produce to find out what they are! :dance:
no more paying for root hormone! i have to try this!

Back