food Hot Pepper Pasta

Hey all... I have this crazy idea, or is it...? Wife scratch makes pasta... I found her a nice pasta roller, and she is good with it. We have made spinach pasta, and it was great. What about a pepper pasta with fresh peppers, I'm not sure how spicey it would be after boiling, so that would need to be figured out. I'm thinkin a ravoli, but wonder what would be a good filling, I'm not thinkin a tomato or alfrado sauce. Maybe a seafood, with butter or olive oil. What say ya'll?

I have never actually made anything but I have had jalapeno linguini that I bought from a guy that makes it locally. The flavor/ heat didn't come out but that may be due to the sauce masking it and/or how much pepper was actually added to make the pasta. As for a ravioli, maybe a crab/cheese combo which I have had from the local italian joint. I can't remember what the sauce was, although I know it was a thinner sauce.

It's not a crazy idea. I have an Italian store here that makes spicy pasta. Go for it.

spicy pasta is great!

One of our favorites is fresh dough with red savina powder in it. I think dried chiles would do better in the dough than fresh chiles. You'd have to really mince up the chiles to get them into the dough nicely. Fresh pods in a ravioli stuffing would work awesome. Any kind of chile powder in the dough= win!

i think all this is the most stupid idea ive ever heard of,,,,,,,,,jk...... being from upstate n.y. with lots of italians, someones granny allaways mad a "spicy meatball"...

Back