• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Hot Pepper Wax Animal Repellent?

Capsicum

Banned
Anyone ever use this? I have used liquid fence last year but I ran out and have this pepper wax spray on hand. I have a huge deer problem, anyone else?

BTW Bonide is the company that makes it.

I have been reading about capsian (sp) being used to decrease prediation from animals and I am thinking of using some of them this year as well. It seems to make sence that animals that rely heavily on their nose to detect threats would be very adverse to having the smell receptors overloaded with pepper.

The down side of this product is that rain will wash it down into the ground and so will have to be replentished on a regular basis as it rains and here in wisconsin that might be every couple days sometimes. That is a problem for cost. I found a supplier in china that will sell 1kg of caps but the cost is too much for me alone. If I could get like 3 others to go in with me for $80 each then I would get a kilo and splitt up up so we would have enough for a few years each.

Anyone interested in a cooperative for buying the stuff? PM me

My plan is to take some of my super hots, dry them, then brew them like tea, and spray the stuff around my garden... I don't have much trouble... But I do have a neighbor dog that has gotten in there and made a mess (only once thus far).

My plan is to take some of my super hots, dry them, then brew them like tea, and spray the stuff around my garden... I don't have much trouble... But I do have a neighbor dog that has gotten in there and made a mess (only once thus far).

This is your best bet!!!! You really do not need to buy anything but I do not have extra peppers to use. I know rotten eggs work but that is what smells bad in liquid fence. I know this could get expensive after many rains which is a reason I may get the liquid fence.

Back