Hot sauce gadget invention :-)

vG4ONyd.jpg

Hello everyone, this is Utensilmate, it was created out of my love for good hot sauce.
Over the past few years, I've put an enormous amount of time and energy into its development, and its pretty awesome!

Many foods, like chili, I don't eat anymore without new craft sauce and my Utensilmate prototype to dose every bite.
Tex-mex, ramen, mac n' cheese, eggs, ect.
I hope to put one into the hands of many other obsessed hot sauce people, who love and appreciate this stuff.

Here is what GearHungry said (I think they explained it well):

"Really into your hot sauce (or other miscellaneous condiment)? You need Utensilmate.
This one-of-a-kind gadget locks onto your spoon or fork using magnets
and delivers dosed amounts of your sauce with a simple slide of the thumb lever to every bite.
Refilling is as easy as dipping the nozzle into the sauce and pulling back on its plunger, and it also comes apart for quick cleaning."

Also, others like CNET have written about it.
http://www.cnet.com/news/fork-mounted-gadget-delivers-hot-sauce-directly-to-every-bite/

jsXgMwT.png

Below are images of "rewards" for backing my project(rewards:preorder). Also, here's link to the Kickstarter page
that includes a video, reward options and more info about Utensilmate the company and plans for its future.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/155591788/utensilmate

The crowdfunding effort to have Utensilmate manufactured and available in the marketplace is
nearing its final days, and I am hopeful we can reach our goal with the support of our friends within
the hot sauce community.

Backer rewards and shipping are much less then what they will retail for, and Backers will be the first to own.
They are a thank you for making Utensilmate a reality :-)

fJfQUWl.png

Utensilmate!

drkNJLg.png

Pizza Hot! pizza toppers (in magnetic Jars!)

This is kind of cool but it seems like it would be difficult to eat the food from the spoon without that tube getting into the way. Has that been a problem with this gadget?

hold on ... if it auto-doses based on changing center or gravity, that's cool ...

if you have to do an action to release it, that's less cool ...
ok, so ...

http://www.buzzfeed.com/emilycarlo/do-less?utm_term=.yvGYVea2V#.otR7BKKDoK

i have the herb scissors, i have a pot that has a perforated lid for pouring off pasta water, and i have a jaccard (but doesn't marinade at the same time) that i don't use anymore because it's genuinely too dangerous to clean ...

seems like it would be a pain to fill and use... rather just dump my hot sauce on. Less effort. same amount of sauce.

Good lucky with it though. Maybe make a integrated spoon and it just flows out a small port at top of spoon instead of the weird scary design. Kind of like some baby food spoons. 

I like the magnetic pizza powder jars though. 

similar to how these work but slimmer / more user friendly and patent-able 

10524311_858410590887136_2913466860321660931_n.jpg

oldsalty said:
Does it come in quart sizes? I wood prefer a backpack style with just hose to spoon. You could pressurize by pumping. Hose built into end of spoon to max hot sauce carrying capacity :) trigger on spoon to add sauce in desired amount!

SEE!!! This is why Salty gets the big bucks!

I nominate, OldSalty for President 2016!!!

Now if I could just get D3 to make a promotional picture thingy we could get this campaign started, dammit.

p.s.   sorry for the highjack OP.  :welcome:  to THP from NorCal.

hogleg said:
SEE!!! This is why Salty gets the big bucks!

I nominate, OldSalty for President 2016!!!

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

Now if I could just get D3 to make a promotional picture thingy we could get this campaign started, dammit.

p.s.   sorry for the highjack OP.  :welcome:  to THP from NorCal.

Dr.Pepper said:
This is kind of cool but it seems like it would be difficult to eat the food from the spoon without that tube getting into the way. Has that been a problem with this gadget?
Many people had this concern about the silicone angled nozzle at first glance, but it doesn't get in the way like you think it would, because its soft and you don't stick the entire utensil in your mouth when you eat, unless its ice cream.

The Hot Pepper said:
Welcome to the site and best of luck!
Thanks!

Wasn't this on kickstarter previously? I thought I'd seen it somewhere previously.

While kinda nifty in and of itself, carrying a bottle of hot sauce would be just as easy. ;)

I've been known to carry several different options to dinner - maybe if this had a rotating set of barrels, like a 6-shooter so I could fill each barrel with a different sauce (or all the same one if you're a die-hard for a particular brand) - it's got to be an upgrade over just carrying a bottle of sauce.

Good luck with the KS

Lucky Dog Hot Sauce said:
Wasn't this on kickstarter previously? I thought I'd seen it somewhere previously.
While kinda nifty in and of itself, carrying a bottle of hot sauce would be just as easy. ;)
I've been known to carry several different options to dinner - maybe if this had a rotating set of barrels, like a 6-shooter so I could fill each barrel with a different sauce (or all the same one if you're a die-hard for a particular brand) - it's got to be an upgrade over just careying a bottle of sauce.
Good luck with the KS
Hell you make one like a six shooter I'm buying it!!!!!! :)

Back