• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Hot Sauce HORROR stories

Being Chile Heads, a lot of us have stories of eating some Hellishly hot things, that afterwards we may have wished we'd never done.

But too late, what's done is done.

The hottest thing I've ever eaten was some stew that had a bit too much Dave's Gourmet Insanity Sauce in it.

The sauced up stew was so hot that everytime I put a spoonful of it into my mouth, I had to wait at least 45 seconds to a minute for the heat to subside before I could continue.

My scalp started to sweat and my nose was running.

But because i was eating one or two raw Habaneros a day back then, I reasoned that because I could handle the heat of the Dave's enhanced stew in my mouth after a minute or so, that I should just pace myself and continue to chow down on the stew.

So I continued to eat for another twenty minutes or so.

I thought that I would get used to the heat, but no the heat did not subside at all as I ate, and I still had to pause because of the intense extract induced heat.

Finally I had enough and thought, well that wasn't so bad.

But I was wrong... :hell:

About ten or fifteen minutes after eating my meal, my stomach started to have an uncomfortable burning sensation.

I sort of shifted from one foot to the other for a couple of minutes, waiting and more likely hoping that the painful burning sensation in my gut would subside.

But then realizing that might just be wishful thinking, I decided I would lie down on my bed for a while and maybe the pain would go away.

So I went and laid on the bed.

And I seemed fine for about a minute, and then the side that I was lying on would start to burn on that side of my stomach as well.

So I rolled over and got some relief...but only for about a minute.

Then that side of my stomach would start to burn.

So I rolled over to the other side again, and once again gained relief from the burn for about another minute or so.

After I had rolled over 4 or 5 times, I realized that I might have to do this all night long, something I was not looking forward to at all.

And then I remembered reading something about taking something sweet to help deal with a stomach burn caused by hot chile products.

I got up and went into the kitchen and poured out one or two tablespoons of liquid Blackberry honey and quickly swallowed those down.

The good news is that the honey took the pain away after a few minutes and I was very relieved about that.

But I had gained a very healthy respect for Dave's extracted hot sauces and all extracts in general.

I have eaten raw peppers, not any raw Superhots yet, but those that I have eaten have not caused me the distress that the Dave's hot sauce did.

My story was not too severe and I'm sure some of you have endured much worse. :cool:

dvg

Yup. Last year I had a bout with "The Hottest Sauce in the Universe." I only took a half a tablespoon, but that was ALLLLLLL I needed for what lay ahead. I was told that the sauce is rated at 3.5 million svu. I dont know about that exact number, but wouldnt be surprised if that info is correct. And yes, I had a full stomach. I had JUST eaten a pizza buffet, with some super hot flakes on the pizza. Less than 30 minutes later, my wife had to call the ambulance because the pain was SOOOOO bad. I literally thought to myself that if I had a knife close by that I might stab myself in the stomach so I could get everything OUT of my stomach. The scary thing is is that the pain was SO bad that I might just have done it. I TRIED to make myself throw up before the pain got too bad, but couldnt. After the pain peaked, it hurt so bad that I was laying right in front of the toilet and I couldnt even pick my head up to vomit. I just did it right there on the floor, all over the floor. By the time the ambulance got here, it had started to subside, so no trip to the ER.
Moral of the story?......DO NOT EAT EXTRACT SAUCES!!! I'm sure just about everyone that has a "horror story" will contain an extract sauce.

bringing mad dog 357 silver edition to an oyster roast. man , that was stupid. about 50 oysters and half a bottle later i thought i might explode. now i leave the extract sauces to everyone else. they can have them!

Several of us Washington chileheads go together in December for a hot wing challenge at a Wing Dome near Seattle. We had heard the wing sauce was made with habanero extract. I dunno what else was in it, but it tasted HORRIBLE! Yes it was hot, but the taste was so bad, you didn't even care about the heat.... :sick: ....

5 of us did the wing challenge, Lazinfat and chileaddict both completed 7 wings in 7 minutes. :woohoo:

I gagged down 6 wings, sometimes almost hurling right there in the resaurant. About half an hour later, I had to leave the restaurant, the smell of the grease on top of the horrible wing sauce was nauseating. I walked up the street a little ways, trying to calm down and then threw up in an alley.

Back at the house, I curled up on the bed, just waiting for the Pepto Bismol to have some effect. About 6 hours later, things calmed down enough to finally be able to enjoy a well-deserved beer.

I know the rest of the chileheads who ate the wings all had issues that evening, too. But I'll leave it to them if they care to share or not. :)

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
I'm sorry but your pain is so funny!

Bet you have a new found knowledge of "blue (and purple) balls!"

Ok, I know this isnt a pepper..but if you want something that will absolutely knock you sensless..and I seriously mean senseless and only requires like 1/4 teaspoon (or even smelling the inside of jar), try Buck In Rut Extreme Horseradish..you will be praying to the gods..trust me!

http://baldeaglefoods.com/product.sc?productId=1

Ok, I know this isnt a pepper..but if you want something that will absolutely knock you sensless..and I seriously mean senseless and only requires like 1/4 teaspoon (or even smelling the inside of jar), try Buck In Rut Extreme Horseradish..you will be praying to the gods..trust me!

http://baldeaglefoods.com/product.sc?productId=1

I have Nasal Napalm, which I'm pretty sure is the exact same as the stuff you posted. While the pain is unbelievably intense in the face region, it only lasts a short period of time. I only eat it in small doses, so I can't say I've ever experienced a 1/4ts.

My hotsauce horror story was at Buffalo Cantina in Brooklyn,NY. The restaurant was featured on Man Vs. Food, and the wing challenge was BRUTAL!!!!!!!!! My stomach hurt so bad that I was considering going to the ER. The only reason I didn't was because I was away from home and didn't feel comfortable going to the hospital in NYC. The pain was absolutely unbearable, and lasted throughout the entire night!

Blairs Jersey Death + me = Lying on kitchen floor praying for death, spewing my guts up, feeling better, vowing never to consume extract sauces again.

Not an extract. I was at Jim Campbell's house. He brought out the tiny flask of pure capsaicin crystal - 16 million or some odd scovilles. He said it would not be too bad. I took a small grain. Not too bad in the mouth. But when it hit the alcohol in my stomach, the reaction was immediate, extreme and somewhat violent. And the heartburn that night was unbearable. I won't be doing that again anytime soon.

Last weekend I tasted my first 7-pot. I added about 1/4 teaspoon (along with 3 tbsp of fish powder) to a crock pot of chile my wife made and told me to "spice up." I touched my tongue to the teaspoon, and later tried the chile. That stuff is scary hot, and I won't be trying either of these things again either. I had to add two pounds of hamburger and 2 cups of ketchup to the chile just to get it in the edible range, and it is still damn hot. The flamus (flaming anus) was uncomfortable for a couple days as well. Be careful with all these superhots you are growing!

I have a hot powder horror story, if that qualifies. A couple of months ago, I finished grinding my Caribbean Red Habaneros in the coffee grinder. I was in the kitchen with my wife and daughter. By now they have learned to step back or get out of the kitchen when they hear me grinding. Anyway, after pouring as much powder into a jar as I could, I looked into the bottom of the grinder and saw a fair amount to scrape out with my finger to taste. I can't stand wasting a single grain so I scooped up about a quarter teaspoon on my fingertip. My method of dealing with the chile in the air is to hold my breath for the time I grind and walk away for a few moments. I was talking and tasting the powder from my finger at the same time and breathed it into my lungs. Of course, the coughing and hacking began immediately...but it was different this time. It really hurt. Ever breath in powdered sugar when eating a donut? This chile was as fine as powdered sugar. It took about a half an hour to get back to normal and stop the coughing. The next morning, I woke up and was wondering why I was drooling so much. Wierd. So I got up and looked it the mirror and my face was completely covered in blood. I had no clue at this point what had happened. As I spit the blood out, my mouth would fill up just as fast. It took about 15 minutes of spitting it out to get it finally stop. I then checked my pillow (the memory foam type) and saw that it was now a sponge full of blood. Sick, I know. I cleaned myself up and joined my wife and daughter for coffee. The whole time thinking I would not mention this to anyone. As soon as I sat down, I told them what happened. They immediately reminded me of my powder inhaling episode as the cause. I had a sore area in my chest I could feel for the next week or so and it finally went away. In the end, I lived. I have a new respect (and fear) for powders. I still put powders on my food every day, but have learned a very important lesson. Don't breathe it!

List of things to never inhale:

1. Cyanide
2. Asbestos........

3. Superhots Powder

There, list updated. That sounds like it hurt just a wee bit :hell:

I have a hot powder horror story, if that qualifies.

Sure, if it's a hot food HORROR story, then they all qualify. :cool:

I had a sore area in my chest I could feel for the next week or so and it finally went away. In the end, I lived. I have a new respect (and fear) for powders. I still put powders on my food every day, but have learned a very important lesson. Don't breathe it!

So I take it, snorting a line of Douglah is completely outta the question now, huh... :rofl: :rofl: :crazy:

dvg

Sure, if it's a hot food HORROR story, then they all qualify. :cool:

So I take it, snorting a line of Douglah is completely outta the question now, huh... :rofl: :rofl: :crazy:

dvg

Oooooooo. That image in my mind almost made me go into catatonic shock. I met a Doughlah that once tore up my tummy...the end.

....And have you??? ;)

dvg

Ummmmm yer, i have but in very limited amounts and only for scientific purposes. (Doing tests with Hippy)

You wouldn't catch me snorting a line of Douglah but an interesting fact is that Neil got the idea to vid himself eating chilli pods after he dared his son to snort a line of Tabasco sauce for $10, he got his 10 bucks too te crazy bastage!

Raw 7 pod was pretty crappy in general. Taste was awesome. Heat was unbearable. Extracts tho........well I used some of the Da Bomb stuff on wings one time and oh dear God it sucked. Extracts can suck it.

Back