• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Hot Sauce Recommendation Wanted

Hey guys,

Have been getting into the hot sauce world, and I've reached a point where Blair's Ultra death sauce is my go to for breakfast and lunch.

However I am longing something that is equally spicy and tasty, however has some sourness to it, similar to tabasco or Frank's.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks.

I'm definitely not in the "ultra death" league of hot sauce, but for years I too loved Tabasco! I found their Habanero sauce and now it's on 90% of everything I cook! It's awesome! Not too hot but has huge flavor.

Just an idea for another Tabasco product.

Year or so ago boss sent me a bottle of Capsup Habanero blend, it's a german take on louisana style hot sauce. Blew my socks off. Such a great and flavorful sauce. Hard to find and shipping is a bit much from germany but i've been half tempted to order a case. 

7stern115x500.jpg

http://www.capsup.at/7stern.html

Totally different style though is Lucky dog hotsauce black label which I highly recommend. http://www.amazon.com/Lucky-Dog-Sauce-Combo-8-pack/dp/B00WRAU9KM/ref=pd_sim_sbs_325_1?ie=UTF8&dpID=51Jl2varnbL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=1J778MJXWHE2A93F72CN 

Go to the Winner's List for hot sauce competitions, starting with our very own THP awards, there's a link at the top of the page.  Check previous year winners also.

2 other large competitions are-
Golden Chile Awards
Scovie Awards

Look for the style of hot sauce you like and the winners are a good place to start. 

Have fun trying new sauces!

oldsalty said:
LUCKY DOG!!!!!!!!!! YEAH BABY!!!

Thank you, sir! 
:cheers: 
salsalady said:
Go to the Winner's List for hot sauce competitions, starting with our very own THP awards, there's a link at the top of the page.  Check previous year winners also.

2 other large competitions are-
Golden Chile Awards
Scovie Awards

Look for the style of hot sauce you like and the winners are a good place to start. 

Have fun trying new sauces!

Sage advice. :)

Back