Hot Sauce Shop in Gatlinburg,TN

On my way home from Knoxville last weekend, my wife and I decided to stop in Gatlinburg for the evening. While there, we stopped by my favorite store....the Pepper Palace.
I don't know if any of you know these guys, but they are really nice. When you walk in the door, they have at least 10 sauces of varying heat (as well as about 10 salsas) for the customers to try. You just grab a pretzel and dip it in the sauce of your choice. Their hottest sauce, called the Hottest Sauce in the World, was actually assayed at UT Knoxville, and is well over 1 million shu.
The neat thing about them (besides having all kinds/types of heat and heat-related products) is that they make many of their own sauces and salsas.

When I went in, I happened to have on a Blair's shirt, and the manager came over and insisted on giving me a personal tour, as well as huge discounts.

Anyway, they sure are nice folks. If you're ever in Gatlinburg, look them up (or shop them online).

Josh

YUP! Great bunch of folks. What a cool store the Pepper Palace is. Managers name is Tom, I think. Really nice bald guy. I had the opp to judge a wing eating contest for them back in April. I'll be going back to TN this fall sometime, and I'll send ya a PM Josh to let you know. Love to be able to meet another blogger from the hot pepper... :shocked:

[quote name='Cap'n Bones']YUP! Great bunch of folks. What a cool store the Pepper Palace is. Managers name is Tom, I think. Really nice bald guy. I had the opp to judge a wing eating contest for them back in April. I'll be going back to TN this fall sometime, and I'll send ya a PM Josh to let you know. Love to be able to meet another blogger from the hot pepper... :)[/quote]
===============================
Yup. That was the guy...Tom. Let me know when you are coming to our great state. If I have the opportunity, I'd like to meet you.

Josh

Back