• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Hot sauces hotter when hot then cold :)

What I basically mean is does having it straight out of the bottle (from the fridge or shelf) produce the same burn as if you've actually cooked your food with the sauce?

Say for instance a piece of chicken.

Grilled. Put it on a plate then add the hot sauce.

Or cover it in the sauce put it under a grill/whatever method.

Same for eggs etc. cook it put it on the plate then add teh sauce or put it in when cooking. Will the bun be the same?

What are your thoughts :onfire:

I'm thinking hotetr when cooked with the sauce. Only due to the fact that every time I go to nandos and order my chicken hot (they put on the sauce then cook it) it really burns! But out of the bottle it’s not so bad.

I usually find that cooking with sauce makes the sauce hotter. Same with peppers. I'll grill up a habanero and whoooowie that gets really hot.

If I'm not mistaken, the vanilloid receptors on your tongue react to capsaicin as well as heat, so if you heat a sauce, your lighting up these receptors twice as much.

DEFCON Creator said:
If I'm not mistaken, the vanilloid receptors on your tongue react to capsaicin as well as heat, so if you heat a sauce, your lighting up these receptors twice as much.

It doesn't even have to be applied heat. I've noticed if you just take it out of the fridge and let it sit out that the flavor and heat intensifies.

I really dont know the facts about this question, but I've noticed the longer you cook something with chiles in it, the heat of the chiles goes down. or I might be wrong ?

fmcjfc said:
I generally don't refrigerate my hot sauces anyway. Is that a problem??
It could be, depending on the sauce. If it is primaraly vinegar based, you should be fine for a few months (depending on the ingedients), if not, then right after you open it.

Back