food Hot Tequila

A few weeks ago I cut open one of my LTR cayenne, and stuck it in a ziploc with some Tequila. After doing the rum/pineapple/cayenne thing (then grilling the pineapple and peppers - yumm!), thought I'd try it with tequila. My cayenne's are fairly hot - I have a jar of AJ's fatalii puree, and I'd say they're easily as hot (noting AJ's puree is cooked, while my cayennes are raw, so I know his fatalii are much hotter raw, even though I've never had one.) When I did the rum/pineapple/pepper mix, I poured off the rum and used it in a cake recipe, but didn't try any of the rum straight. At any rate, I also only let the peppers and pineapple marinate in it for a few days.

I had actually forgotten about the peppered tequila - it was a small amount, and it had managed to end up beneath some stuff - as my original intent was to only marinate the peppers for a couple of days. So poured the tequila into a glass tonight, tried a sip and ZOW! I don't know why I wasn't quite expecting that, but there it was - my lips and mouth are all tingly now. But what's on my mind is what to do with the peppered tequila, other than just drink it. I'm not thinking about something you could accomplish by just putting tequila and peppers in the same dish without marinating them together, but something that specifically makes it special because they've been marinating. Any suggestions?

I've had steak that's been cooked with tequila and lime, and it's quite good. Could definitely use the peppered tequila for that!

so then add some lime, some chicken and make fajitas (and yes i know that fajitas are only made with beef).

Use it in a Carnitas Marinade and do some kickass pork.
I use Tequila for Puerco Pibil, Carnitas, and Pulled Pork BBQ.
I also put a little bit in when I make Ceviche

Use it in a Carnitas Marinade and do some kickass pork.
I use Tequila for Puerco Pibil, Carnitas, and Pulled Pork BBQ.
I also put a little bit in when I make Ceviche

Sounds good - I'll have to give that a try!

Back