• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Hotpepperguy Grow 2016 7 Varieties

Although i would of loved to of got my hands on some Moruga Scorpions of some Fetalii Jigsaws i had to grow what i had available at the time since i didn't have any time to wait for my order of seeds to get here. I have grown 6 different varieties of hot peppers with the hottest being my Caribbean Reds. I also have your standard Orange Habaneros growing along with these varieties/strains of Lemon Drops, Red Habaneros, Cayanne Peppers (Long Slim), and my Sandwhich worthy Serrano peppers. Here are the most recent pics of my garden, all 100% organically grown, in pots.
My mini guide to help people grow better:
I've been growing hot peppers for over 6 years now and i gotta say that my first two years was rough since i was inexperienced. Now i can grow them like i know that back of my hand. What i find is that peppers love fertilizer and you can't really over do it with peppers since they just suck up all that nutrients really quick. So what i did was used a Water based All purposed organic fertilizer 5-3-4 for the first month of all my plants life and feed them every 7 days. Once they started to bud i then used a Non-Water Based fertilizer of straight Bone Meal 2-14-0 mixed with a 100% organic vegetable Non-Water based fertilizer 2-6-3 @ only 1 part Bone Meal with three parts Organic Vegetable based fertilizer. See this will get the plants to stop growing tall and focus on making buds with the addition of a high phosphorus diet and with the bone meal added you are guaranteed to get a lot of buds. On one node i had about 5 peppers growing off it it at one time on most of my plants and think about how many nodes a pepper plant makes. They say to rub non-water based fertilizer into the dirt but you don't really have too, you just have to water them thoroughly until you start to see the water in the pot become cloudy, and once it does let it soak into the roots. 

My Caribbean Reds:
2iqljs3.jpg

My Standard Orange Habaneros:
33w8rax.jpg

The Whole Garden:
23tip87.jpg

Thank you for taking the time to look i do appreciate it and i hope my guide helps out a lot of people on the quest to grow some great tasting peppers. There is nothing like FRESH HEAT!!!  :hell:

Oh and i did forget to mention that we had a extreme heat wave down here in NC which did affect the budding of my plants. What they do when it is too hot is go into defense mode where all the top leaves protect the buds already growing on the bottom. Pepper plants know how to adapt really well and the heat wave is subsiding and now i got new buds forming :)

Thank you all for the comments and the key is BONEMEAL lol always grows giant pods and is cheap. I also think it has to do with the climate i am living in and i live in the south but the only problem is our heat waves which totally stops bud production. I think the idle temp for peppers is around 70 to 85 degrees and we had a heat wave for a month straight with 95 degree weather and it was even that hot at night at some point. 

Once again thank you for the comments i really do appreciate the feedback :)

Back