• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

annuum hottest annuum variety you have tried/grown

hot stuff said:
This year I'm focusing on the Charleston Hot Cayenne. Supposed to come in at 100k shu.

I got some seeds recently for the Charleston, but my grow boxes are already full!  lol

I will grow this one next year for sure! 

My demon red chilis are the hottest annuum I've tried.  They are about as hot as my goat's weed, but IMHO demon red have a little more/better flavor.

SichuaneseFoodFan said:
My demon red chilis are the hottest annuum I've tried.  They are about as hot as my goat's weed, but IMHO demon red have a little more/better flavor.

Where did you get those? I've never heard of that variety. I'm on an annum kick this year and wish I had head of those last December. lol Got any pics?

cayenne_golden_pepper_plants.jpg

I'm one of those that claim these are quite hotter [or can be] than the labelled 30-50k. I grew a plant a couple years ago. They were hotter [to my mouth] than the orange habaneros I was picking up from the super market.

ymmv.

Spicy Mushroom said:

I'm one of those that claim these are quite hotter [or can be] than the labelled 30-50k. I grew a plant a couple years ago. They were hotter [to my mouth] than the orange habaneros I was picking up from the super market.

I grow LETTUCE that's hotter than grocery store habs!  ;)  But seriously, I know what you mean. There's something about the bite of certain annuums that makes me question the scoville heat scale. 

Helvete said:
Jamaican Mushroom peppers.

:clap:

Year after year they continue to be great plants. As usual, it's first to drop this year:
1vqcteK.jpg

... I usually have at least one Thai variety each year as well. Normally in a pot beacuse they put on a good show for the summer patio guests :cheers:

Spicy Mushroom said:
cayenne_golden_pepper_plants.jpg

ymmv.

These are the hottest annuums that I have grown sofar also. I read somewhere that they go up to 80k...

Back