• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

How about Tomatoes and Eggplant?

Hello peoples,

I tried to join a tomato forum called Tomatoville, well i did join but they never gave me permissions to post anything and never replied when i sen the admin some emails....
I'm just wondering, does anyone here recommend any other forums for tomato, eggplant or whatever other vegetables?

My peppers are slow to start growing after transplanting outside, so i'm looking into more vegetables to add to my garden.... i already have tomatoes and various herbs but eggplants are on my list as they're closely related to peppers and tomatoes.... just thought i'd see if there are other online gardening forums worth visiting?

Happy growing. :)

It's not lacking but it is a hot pepper forum, i'm not planning leaving here just was interested in finding other decent vegetable/fruit growing forums.... like i mentioned, Tomatoville seems like a reasonable sized community but they aren't giving me any permissions.

Probably 90% of the guys here also grow tomatoes. For me I only visit a limited number of forums, when I have questions or just wanna show off a bit this forum works for
Google is your friend, probably won't get a ton of help finding other forums here. Good luck, I am sure there are some out there.

I don't know of any other forums that are centered around tomatoes, but imagine that some could exist.  I'd also imagine that it would be a mostly older crowd, probably really anal about stuff.  Like a bunch of old dudes that are super into lawn care, hate kids and dogs, but also obsess over their tomatoes.  Based off of nothing really,  just a guess.

Sorry, not much help...  but I just can't...  I can't stop thinking about absolutely hilarious it would be to run across a large, active, eggplant-specific forum.   :lol:
Would have to join just to see what in the world they could talk about for so long, how they'd keep it going.   It'd be funny.  I'd probably be a moderator there,  have grown like four types of eggplant in my life.

I wasn't looking for an eggplant specific forum LOL
I just mentioned tomatoes and eggplant in the title as they are the most closely related similar type of plants.

I'm not fussed how 'cool' the folks on forums were really, even if they're old.... i'm a little disappointed Tomatoville is acting weird to me, i like tomato growing equally as peppers.

Dr. Weird said:
I just mentioned tomatoes and eggplant in the title as they are the most closely related similar type of plants.

I'm not fussed how 'cool' the folks on forums were really, even if they're old.... i'm a little disappointed Tomatoville is acting weird to me, i like tomato growing equally as peppers.
tomatoville did the same to me. i could read threads but didn`t have permission to post questions or look at photos. i emailed them about it and no response. lame site.

Dr. Weird said:

Keep trying. One day once you've forgotten about it you'll be activated. It is definitely a wealth of knowledge for all things tomato and yes, even eggplants. Lol.  Still have to know how to sift through the BS though, just like with all these sites.

I've been on T-ville for years before joining THP this year. No problems being activated then, keep trying.

NorCaliente916 said:

Keep trying. One day once you've forgotten about it you'll be activated. It is definitely a wealth of knowledge for all things tomato and yes, even eggplants. Lol.  Still have to know how to sift through the BS though, just like with all these sites.

I've been on T-ville for years before joining THP this year. No problems being activated then, keep trying.

I checked back in the other day and they have deleted my account.... so i doubt it will be getting activated....

Seeing as you are a member, would you be able to confirm or deny that they are still accepting new members?
I sent an email to 'mischka' and another to the 'contact us' but neither replied.

Either way, thanks :) 

Dr. Weird said:

I checked back in the other day and they have deleted my account.... so i doubt it will be getting activated....

Seeing as you are a member, would you be able to confirm or deny that they are still accepting new members?
I sent an email to 'mischka' and another to the 'contact us' but neither replied.

Either way, thanks :)

I haven't seen anything to indicate they aren't taking new members. As of two weeks ago there was a flush of new members posting their "Intro" posts so I would think so. It almost seems like Mishcka goes through once a month and activates new accounts, its definitely not a daily thing. Did you get the automated email from T-ville after registering?  I don't think you can register from a mobile device either or the submission is deleted. Sorry for the hassle man. Hopefully you get it sorted out.

Back