• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

How big/Old

Would some choc bhuts need to be to grow outin Toledo? Wifes mom is driving up soon, and was thinkin of sendin a few up if it would be possible to do. Mine are just gettin their first set of tru leaves... too late?

I live in Lima..about an hour south....if they are seeds or just getting first leaves...going to be cutting it very close...but could always grow out and see and over winter it for next year

Maybe I;ll send up some fatalis, there 3 in or so already. Her cousin is a chef, and would like to see what he can make from a hot pepper...

Would some choc bhuts need to be to grow outin Toledo? Wifes mom is driving up soon, and was thinkin of sendin a few up if it would be possible to do. Mine are just gettin their first set of tru leaves... too late?

If you're asking if there is time to finish growing a chocolate Bhut Jolokia in Toledo that only has two true leaves right now the answer is only if they're willing to finish it off indoors. Bhut Jolokia takes 150-180 days, after germination, to produce ripe pods. Yours are probably 10-20 days old which means about the earliest you could expect ripe pods would be the middle of September. The average temp for Toledo in September is only 74. Not quite hot enough to ripen them I'm afraid. They would definitely need to be finished off inside. Mom-in-law is going to need some serious lights to get that done.

If "Would some choc bhuts need to be to grow outin Toledo?" means something else afraid I can't answer that.

Back