How did I overlook this subject for so long?

Anyway I like beer. Some favorites in no particular order would be Rogue Chocolate Stout, Stone Smoked Porter, Ayinger Celebrator, Rochefort Trappistes (6 8 or 10 but I like 8 the best), Anchor Steam, Anchor Porter, and Anchor Bock. I'm not big on IPAs but when I do indulge in one I prefer Stone IPA, Pyramid Outburst Imperial IPA, Marble IPA (local), or Stone Sublimely Self Righteous Ale (Black IPA). Somewhere between a brown ale and an IPA is Boulder Beer Flashback Indian Brown Ale. Since my gf prefers IPAs and I prefer stouts and porters the Flashback is a good compromise.

I don't mind some of the Sierra stuff... Bigfoot, Torpedo, Stout, and Porter are all okay but not as good as the above beers imho.

:cheers:

One beer I hated, from Rogue, was Chatoe Rogue Creek Ale. It was gross and would have gone into the compost bin if the gf hadn't been willing to finish it. I should add Hardtail Ale to the list. Undrinkable imho, and this is coming from someone who has had more than his share of crap like Old Milwaukee, Meister Brau, Black Label, Lucky Lager, Pearl, Red White and Blue, Milwaukee's Best, etc. :sick:

Anyway I like beer. Some favorites in no particular order would be Rogue Chocolate Stout, Stone Smoked Porter, Ayinger Celebrator, Rochefort Trappistes (6 8 or 10 but I like 8 the best), Anchor Steam, Anchor Porter, and Anchor Bock. I'm not big on IPAs but when I do indulge in one I prefer Stone IPA, Pyramid Outburst Imperial IPA, Marble IPA (local), or Stone Sublimely Self Righteous Ale (Black IPA). Somewhere between a brown ale and an IPA is Boulder Beer Flashback Indian Brown Ale. Since my gf prefers IPAs and I prefer stouts and porters the Flashback is a good compromise.

I don't mind some of the Sierra stuff... Bigfoot, Torpedo, Stout, and Porter are all okay but not as good as the above beers imho.

:cheers:

One beer I hated, from Rogue, was Chatoe Rogue Creek Ale. It was gross and would have gone into the compost bin if the gf hadn't been willing to finish it. I should add Hardtail Ale to the list. Undrinkable imho, and this is coming from someone who has had more than his share of crap like Old Milwaukee, Meister Brau, Black Label, Lucky Lager, Pearl, Red White and Blue, Milwaukee's Best, etc. :sick:

Good taste!

I Go to Stone for special occasions all the time. They make some good IPA. And there macaroni and cheese is to die for.

6a00d8341c689653ef0133ec448084970b-580wi.jpg

Some times I wear my Arrogant Bastard Hoody to pick up my kids from a christian school, they don't seem to care lol.

As for Sierra Nevada.. mhmmm, ever try there Celebration, and Summer Ale?

My 18th Birthday I was doing keg stands on SN Pale Ale lol... ahhhh the golden days. We got it cheap, Chico Ca was only a hour away.

hey man...ease up on the pearl...that's some good stuff... :rofl:

I like most any of the shiner products...

ah Pearl. Takes me back to my "quantity over quality" youth. I don't mind most of the shiner stuff I've tried. We get 4 or 5 varieties stocked here and I've heard they have some better beers not available here. It pays to live near the brewery I guess.

Good taste!

I Go to Stone for special occasions all the time. They make some good IPA. And there macaroni and cheese is to die for.

6a00d8341c689653ef0133ec448084970b-580wi.jpg

Some times I wear my Arrogant Bastard Hoody to pick up my kids from a christian school, they don't seem to care lol.

As for Sierra Nevada.. mhmmm, ever try there Celebration, and Summer Ale?

My 18th Birthday I was doing keg stands on SN Pale Ale lol... ahhhh the golden days. We got it cheap, Chico Ca was only a hour away.

I haven't tried the two you mentioned but see them at the store all the time. Sierra has never let me down. I love Stone's Smoked Porter but the Arrogant Bastard didn't really grab me. To me it was nothing special and I just can't justify the price. I didn't care for their Levitation Ale either but their IPA is top notch. The Levitation and Arrogant Bastard just seemed average to me although I know AB has a lot of fans.

Fortunately there's more beer than ever to choose from these days so everyone should be happy. Personally I'm thrilled I can go to a store and have hundreds of beers to choose from instead of Bud, Coors, or Corona even if I find it less than amazing it's always good to have choices.

Also, that pic makes me jealous.

Back