• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds How do I put germinated seeds into soil?

So I started germinating my jalapeno pepper seeds in a plastic bag and a paper towel.. Now that 60/66 of them grew roots I'm scared that I should have just put them in soil because now I don't know how to put them in those seed starter trays without hurting the root and when to put them in the soil. Can anyone help?

I poke a hole in the soil with a pencil/chopstick/other slim object, hold seeds with a tweezers and gently drop them in root down, then cover with a cm or so of soil. Spritz with water, and you're good.

ribbedturtleneck said:
I poke a hole in the soil with a pencil/chopstick/other slim object, hold seeds with a tweezers and gently drop them in root down, then cover with a cm or so of soil. Spritz with water, and you're good.

But when do I take it out of the bag and put it in the soil? Right as the root comes out of the seed? When the root is a certain length? When I see green on the top part of the root? If that sounds rude I don't mean to be. Haha after I read it more than once, it sounds more and more rude.

As soon as the root appears will work. Just make sure you keep the media MOIST till the sprout appears.

CAPCOM said:
As soon as the root appears will work. Just make sure you keep the media MOIST till the sprout appears.
Me, too. I know some wait longer, but if I see roots, they are hitting the dirt ASAP. I've had a few that poke out a bit, but they are very delicate, and I hate to admit that I have broken a few off by being in too much of a hurry.

Back