• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

lighting How do I use an LED full spectrum light?

I just bought an LED red/blue/white growing light. Im not sure how to use it for seedlings. Whats best setting to help seedlings grow??

It doesn't really give me instructions on how much light or how intense I should operate it etc.

Lxyoug LED Grow Lights for Indoor Plants Full Spectrum Plant Light with 15-60 inches Adjustable Tripod Stand, Red Blue White Floor Grow Lamp with 4/8/12H Timer with Remote Control https://www.amazon.com/dp/B094J35S9...t_i_PD8C0SWW2T8KV6W7XV15?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I'd start up around 18" above the plants, observe the reaction, and lower the light gradually as they appear able to handle it. This strikes me more as a supplementary light, help out your window plants during the winter kinda job. I don't think you'll have to worry about cooking anything.

You will get vastly different results from those two lights. I wouldn't try to grow much or anything with the tripod guy alone. That Vivosun light would grow you tomatoes in a windowless room.

Back