• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

How do I wash away pepper juice?

I was sent some peppers from the user Yellowfin2na (great guy btw) and 3 of them were over 1 million scoville, me being a noob I thought I would survive without using gloves... I seriously regret that decision now that the skin under my fingernails is burning. Does anyone have any remedies? I've tried hand soap, dish soap, soaking in rubbing alcohol, soaking in milk, nothing helps! Please help me, and help me fast. I don't think my fingers can take this any longer.

When all else fails...

jack-daniels.jpg

muskymojo said:
Eat a whole pepper.

I guarantee you'll forget all about your burning fingers. :lol:
:rofl:

FROG DOG said:
you just gotta ride it out man.....i've been there a couple times and tried everything....including gasoline
Gasoline? LOL How did that work out?

El Angeleno said:
That one guy was rubbing yogurt on his anus, can't hurt to try on your fingers lol
Don't have yogurt  :tear:

TrueNorthReptiles said:
When all else fails...

jack-daniels.jpg
Haha, don't have that either.

The bigger problem here is that I have a hole on my finger nail, the juice went in that whole now everything hurts and nothing helps. Guess I could just go to sleep and hope for the best.

We've all been there, brother. Your best bet is to find something to take your mind off the pain and ride it out. The pain will stop shortly, but expect the next few days to have hypersensitive skin in the area that was affected.

P.S. Don't touch your winky! Although you will forget all about your fingers if you do...

hogleg said:
Fresh lemon juice or vinegar

Pretty much Frog Dog is right. You gotta ride it out, lesson learned.

TrueNorthReptiles said:
We've all been there, brother. Your best bet is to find something to take your mind off the pain and ride it out. The pain will stop shortly, but expect the next few days to have hypersensitive skin in the area that was affected.

P.S. Don't touch your winky! Although you will forget all about your fingers if you do...

Thanks for the tips, the heat is already going down. I can still feel it but it isn't as bad as it was.

What I don't understand is how people are able to eat these things whole.. I would probably die.

backyardpepper said:
Thanks for the tips, the heat is already going down. I can still feel it but it isn't as bad as it was.

What I don't understand is how people are able to eat these things whole.. I would probably die.
Glad it is mellowing out. I very rarely eat them whole. Few of us do. Ever had cap cramps? You will pray for only having burning finger tips. Everything in moderation.

Isopropyl alcohol, 90% or stronger.

Saturate a cloth, rub vigorously, repeat using a clean cloth. Then lots of soap and hot water.

backyardpepper said:
I was sent some peppers from the user Yellowfin2na (great guy btw) and 3 of them were over 1 million scoville, me being a noob I thought I would survive without using gloves... I seriously regret that decision now that the skin under my fingernails is burning. Does anyone have any remedies? I've tried hand soap, dish soap, soaking in rubbing alcohol, soaking in milk, nothing helps! Please help me, and help me fast. I don't think my fingers can take this any longer.

U think thats bad my 1st time eating superhots I not only ate a whole Brainstrain which I REALLY regret'd.....I went to the restroom and took a piss...ang OMFG I was in severe pain for like an hour!! Then somehow rub'd my eyes and got it on my face......I had no idea what so ever y everything was burning so bad!!

Consider yourself lucky that you've learned this lesson by burning the tip of your fingers, and not... an other tip.

Back