• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

how do you grow 200 varietys on a quarter acre of land

i was wondering how everyon does it and half the land is in the front yard i have too many varietys but not enough space help me

i actually have 300 varietys but try to keep the amount low most of the usable land is in the front yard i acutally started container growing last year but i need more room now i have chickens taking up part of the land as well i was putting in a pond that will take up more space

300?! That's nuts! I'm growing 30 this year and I thought that was a little overboard. There's no way I could even name 300 varieties.
:eek:

My many varieties are spread throughout the property. When I run out of dirt, I place them in 5 gallon containers and layer them on three levels with bricks and wooden planks supporting them. It is possible. By August you will be wading through a sea of peppers.

Enjoy!

Ben

I have kind of got the same problem, over 100 different varieties and have to find a place big enough to fit them all! I want to keep under 100 plants though, even that number is going to be an insane amount of work! I fink im nuts.

1/4 Acre shouldn't be a problem Mate, is that all land? or do you have a house on it?
Just currently growing around 140 odd varieties in a bit less space and I have a house, cars, boat and swimming pool. Found that I had to use containers a fair bit and also good if you can build a stand of some sort like you see in a stadium and stack them in rows.
Always too many to grow and not enough space, geez a farm would be nice!

Hope it all goes well for you and good luck fitting them in.

Micca

I_wish_I_had_a_farm_to.jpg

i was wondering how everyon does it and half the land is in the front yard i have too many varietys but not enough space help me

my lot is right at 1/5th of an acre and it has the house(essentially a 60X40 footprint), a 12X16 storage shed, and a 12X24 pool. I had over 350 plants last year based on 21" spacing and all were grown in 5 gallon nursery containers...

Spicy Chicken...

That is awesome!!! :eek:

XC Sports...

I don't think you will have a problem fitting the plants in that space. If you do start to have a problem..look for every nook and cranny on your property. I usually put leftover peppers in my flower beds. They make great accent plants. ;)

Back