• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

lighting How do you guys automate your growlights?

Out of curiosity, do you guys use a time switch or something of the likes for your grow lights? I'm getting tired of switching them on in the morning and then at night, turning them of again. Forgetting to do either every once in a while. :)

I am looking to add some kind of time switch. Maybe analog or digital. That, or I could use a smart power plug and connect it to Google Home.

I have three main (Spider Farmer SF600) grow lights and two older (TL?) lights that came with a seperate propagator, that I only use when I run out of room. Mainly looking to automate the three Spider Farmer grow lights.

Any tips on how you guys have this set up are appreciated. What's easiest to use?

Not the season for it anymore but I use Fosman 15A, grounded, dual outlet mechanical timers. Dirt simple and last a very long time. The bunch I use every year since 2018 cost about $6 delivered. I use them for lights, heaters and light movers.

Edit: https://www.ebay.com/itm/382127075114
These things are still around and still cheap.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bou
I vouch for Kasa. Excellent products. But use for backyard string lights, love the app and options.

Just like DWB I'm using cheap timers like this one. Very easy to use, inexpensive and works perfectly.
1687012834065.png

Reactions: DWB
1687038550576.jpeg

iPower 8-Outlet Power Strip with 7-Day Digital Timer (4 Outlets Timed, 4 Outlets Always On) Surge Protector for Grow Lights, Reptile, Aquarium​

You can’t go wrong with this multi-functional ’grow light specific’ made timer. Using only 120 watts of the units 1875 watt rated usage per 1000 watt LED fixture. The only downside for me is that only 4 of the outlets are timer capable but, I use the other 4 outlets to run low power consuming axial fans 24/7 for air circulation. I’ve never had an issue with them and for the money it costs (under $30) it’s a steal. I saw it on Amazon for $23.45 a few days ago with free shipping. Positive Vibrations…

Back