How do you spice up your Bloody Mary

When I am having a Bloody Mary (or two) I like to have a splash of Blair's Jersey Death in it. What hot sauce (or whatever!) do you use to make it a Gory Mary?

I wanna have and serve a few tonight and am always open for new ideas! That doesn't mean that they are no longer welcome after tonight, of course!!! :)

smilie_trink_116.gif

I like horseradish but not too much, just a bit, but lots of black pepper and hot sauce. A non-vinegary one. When I'm at a restaurant I ask for their hot sauce, you know, the stuff from the kitchen, not the Tabasco. They think I'm crazy "umm, you know that's for the food, right?"

Not if it's mixed right.

I'm hooked on Defcon's Habby Horse. Amazing product if you like horseradish. It's got the hab heat and HR tang. Good stuff.

I also use V-8 juice as my base with a dash or two of Worcestershire sauce, about 1/2 tsp. of garlic powder, squeeze of a lime wedge, and 1/2 a leaf of fresh sage. I'll throw it in a blender for a few seconds before adding vodka and shaking over ice. Garnish with a nice large shrimp or prawn.

My mix recipe makes about 6-8 large drinks.

Horseradish is a must but if you use too much it tastes like cocktail sauce.

Dick T's Bloody Mary, very important lots of Vodka ( good stuff, not the rail swill) Clamato juice, pinch of Horseradish. 1 tsp old bay seasoning couple dashes of wostshire sauce, splash of tobasco mix well. I like to put a little old bay around the rim of the glass, gives you a slight lip burn. Oh yes, and a lime wedge

ring sting said:
Chilled chilli infused vodka!
Ya read my mind.

I keep a mason jar in the cupboard with Ketel One with a whole habenero that's been in there for months. It was a red hab. It has since lost all color and the vodka is a firey nightmare. :mouthonfire: That and whatever Mary mix i fancy that day. Right now it's Wegman's brand. :lol:

thehotpepper.com said:
I like horseradish but not too much, just a bit, but lots of black pepper and hot sauce. A non-vinegary one. When I'm at a restaurant I ask for their hot sauce, you know, the stuff from the kitchen, not the Tabasco. They think I'm crazy "umm, you know that's for the food, right?"

You can do that, really?? I had no idea. I always ask for hot sauce, & they always bring me Tabasco. What sauces do they bring you when you ask?

As for bloody marys, I like Red Eye brand habanero mix. It's spicy, but bearable, & has a good flavor. I don't add anything except a dash of Worcestershire. Well, and vodka of course, lol.

ImpyChick said:
You can do that, really?? I had no idea. I always ask for hot sauce, & they always bring me Tabasco. What sauces do they bring you when you ask?

As for bloody marys, I like Red Eye brand habanero mix. It's spicy, but bearable, & has a good flavor. I don't add anything except a dash of Worcestershire. Well, and vodka of course, lol.
Well if you eat at a place that has hot sauce, sure! Mexican, Middle Eastern, Thai... Go to a Mexican restaurant and ask for a side of salsa verde, instead of using the bottle on the table. Ya know? Depends on when you drink bloody marys, at a Mexican restaurant you may be drinking margaritas.

Well at a bar they may have their own wing sauce. Just ask. And then see the weird looks when you put it in your bloody mary :lol:

Drop a Bhut into a bottle of Finlandia vodka. I say Finlandia becausre it's decently cheap but still good and for infussion it's one of the best. Let it sit for two weeks and then pull the pepper out of it (don't worry it will continue to get hotter over time still).

Also, Defcon 1 is PERFECT for spicing up a bloody Mary....and if you ballzy enough, add some Defcon ZERO ontop of the Defcon 1 ;)

I'm using Absolut Vodka. Seems Ok and is much better than smirnoff IMO. Also, because of alcohol laws here, I dont think we can get spirits more than 40%.

IGG why take the chilli out?

RS

I pretty much use Defcon 1. My sister got me a bottle of Pain is good bloody mary mix and it actually wasn't too bad. Just not hot enough for me. It did, however, blister my mom pretty good. Shes said it got hotter as she got to the bottom of the glass.

Back