How do

Hi all,

My Name is Nick, new to the site, I'm 22, from West Yorkshire, UK.

Currently got some Orange Habenero Seedlings on the go, as well as some Jalapenos and Red Scotch Bonnets that have germinated well.

My first time growing anything at all from seed, so probably gonna be a few mistakes here and there - I recently learned that repotting seedlings when they only have 3 true leaves ends up in transplant shock (they were quite tiny so my fault really), although they seem to be perking up again so I think they're gonna be OK by the looks of them now.

Anyway I'm enjoying myself, and can see this becoming a common hobby, so I decided I'd better join a community to share my experiences.

I've always loved chillies ever since a poker night a few years ago, my friend Daz has around 30 plants and dared me to pick and eat a small purple chilli which he said was a 'Spanish Naga'. Tasty and hot! Ever since then I've been purchasing Chillies for all sorts of different dishes, and I have also made a recipe for my own homemade hotsauce which I have a lot of positive reviews of.

Pancake day was last week, and as a joke I suggested to the missus that we made spicy pancakes. I crushed a dried Bhut and sprinkled a few peices into a pancake that was cooking in the frying pan - BAD IDEA! xD. The whole kitchen was filled with a lethal air which was unbreathable. We had to rush outside to get fresh air, and we were still choking a good 2 hours later. At one point I got some ice cubes from my freezer, but I'd not worn gloves when I crushed the dried Bhut (I knew I should have and usually do, but I think because it was pancake day the excitement got the better of me and I forgot), so instead of cooling my throat the spice from my fingers was transferred straight into my mouth with the icecube. The irony of a spicy icecube did little to cheer me up whilst I cursed and spluttered trying to chug all the milk and icecream in the house.

So here I am, hello to everyone.

:welcome:  from sunny South Florida!  :woohoo:

Welcome!

If you use a solution of fertilizer intended to stimulate root growth and water (more water than the instructions state for very young plants) at the time of transplant, your plants are much less likely to go into shock. I generally wait until a plant outgrows its container, and try to keep the original growing medium intact around the plant as I move it. Use the solution after moving to its new home, then also a week later.

Ow do, Lad! Halifax, eh? Ah`m from Wiggin, me. 

Tha`ll learn not t` do daft things as tha` goes along. Wiv all done it. 

welcome_zps56d47d4a.gif
from California

Rymerpt

Bob_B said:
Chiles and pancakes - hilarious! You'll love this place.

Welcome!
Duuude! You don't know what your missing! I don't cook the pepper in mine but do put it on top of the syrup! Every time! Omg.. French toast smothered in syrup covered in is killer! Seriously try it! Sweet and spicy is to die for!

Also welcome and enjoy your grow!

Back