• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

breeding How I cross pollinate, emasculate, and mark my difficult crosses. This process has evolved!

I did that too with my first cross. Flowers were open but not yet pollen. It was a very easy job. Not sure why but I had to pollinate 4-5 flowers to get one good. But it could be that I grow inside and somehow I'm not getting good yields. But they get bigger, tastier and hotter inside.

I did that too with my first cross. Flowers were open but not yet pollen. It was a very easy job. Not sure why but I had to pollinate 4-5 flowers to get one good. But it could be that I grow inside and somehow I'm not getting good yields. But they get bigger, tastier and hotter inside.
What is new about this for me is not the emasculation process. But rather the way I slice into the straw making a seat for the peduncle to sit with opposite sides clamped down tight. It does take a little more time and patience, but I like it for my platinum crosses.

Back