How large do Orange Hab's get?

Take a look at this guy.  It doubled in size the past two days and made me question weather it was a Habanero or not.  My closed fist is not much bigger then this pod:

Question is, how big can they get?

1017256_10201290244683341_1492791955_n.jpg

Spicytigger said:
I could be wrong but looks like a green pepper to me. Even the leaves look like my green peppers.

just my 2cents

guess that's a possibility.  I bought it from the nursery and I have the label that came with it next to it.   Strange.  I was worried it crossed with my bell plant that is about 3 ft upwind from this one.

If you bought the plant, it wouldn't be crossed with anything except what the nursery would have. There is a good chance it got crossed with something there, or maybe even labelled it wrong. But yeah, it does look like a Bell Pepper or a Bell/Hab cross. It might be pretty tasty though. Let it ripen and see how it tastes.

Ya ill definitly see where it goes...not too worried if they sold me a mislabled seedling... jus tmore green peppers to eat heh.

That's not a hab... cross at best but I bet it's not even that. The plant itself doesn't even look like a hab although I know that's tough to tell in many cases, but most Chinese I've had have much bigger leaves than that.

fiveohmike said:
guess that's a possibility.  I bought it from the nursery and I have the label that came with it next to it.   Strange.  I was worried it crossed with my bell plant that is about 3 ft upwind from this one.
Those tags get switched once in a while, unfortunately.

My guess, based on the picture, is that you have baby hands.  You may have fooled some of us but when you said you got it at a "nursery" I caught on pretty quick.  Honestly, who goes to a nursery to buy plants?  :confused:

Edit:  Oh that kind of nursery.  Yeah, they look like bells... :oops:

Back