• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds How late can I sow my seeds?

Hi Tori, I'm not too sure about your climate there, but, I have always read that you should start seeds at a minimal 6-8 weeks prior to planting out. But, this is for climates that get frost. I'm not sure how late it stays warm there. I guess I'm not really that much help, sorry... :)

It is gettin really hot now, (I am in Eastern Spain)We are in the thirties temperature wise and it is due to get hotter. It will start to cool down in October (hopefully!)
:)
We have had all our rain and wind, it'll just be what I call 'groundhog day weather' the same everyday, a bit like living on mars!

Hi Tori, I'm in the south!
No harm in starting them now if you have somewhere nice and bright to put them in the winter

Biscombe said:
Hi Tori, I'm in the south!
No harm in starting them now if you have somewhere nice and bright to put them in the winter

Hi Biscombe
What variety of chilli do you find grow well in our climate?
Piri piri grow like weeds here, always popping up but I found my Bulgarian carrot, lemon drop and chinese five colour difficult to bring up as they seem to wilt in the sun.
Do you have any idea what those long yellow chillies are called that they sell in the markets here as plug plants?

Back