• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

How long do Black Pearl's take to ripen?

Just like the title says, how long is everyone seeing Black Pearl's taking to ripen? My plant has a LOT of pods that have been fully grown for a solid month. I know they are supposed to turn red, but good lord...how long before they get on with it?! Geez

They probably gonna stay green for another month or so...

Its a C. Annuum. They grow fast and the pods rippen early, about 60 days.
If your so anxious with the Black Pearl then your gonna really suffer if your growing any C. Chinense variety.
Waiting up to 4 months for the C. Chinense's fruits to ripen is just insane.

Bleash

Just like the title says, how long is everyone seeing Black Pearl's taking to ripen? My plant has a LOT of pods that have been fully grown for a solid month. I know they are supposed to turn red, but good lord...how long before they get on with it?! Geez

I looked back at my pics from last year and it took mine about 31 days after some black pods were full sized to start turning red, so yours should start turning soon.

Geez. Well, I guess later is better than not at all.
I just hope that ALL of my plants dont take that long to ripen. I have some Naga's that are about 1/2 way to full grown. Im dying to try one of those puppies.

I'm waiting for my pearls to ripen up as well, but I'm cool with them taking a long time, I love the black color and the purple foliage of that plant.
I'm probably going to put it in a better looking container and just keep it around for the looks, they're gorgeous plants. Red pods will make it look even more stunning, though, fo sho.

Well, I JUST got my 1st ripe Black Pearl yesterday. She was at the bottom, so I didnt see her. I dont have any pics yet because I dont have a cord for my camera. I need to go buy one on Ebay real quick. I'll go ahead and take one with my camera phone, then go to Wally World and get it on a cd. THEN I can post them on here.
Im SO HAPPY!!!
YAY to ripe pods!!! :woohoo:

Well, I JUST got my 1st ripe Black Pearl yesterday. She was at the bottom, so I didnt see her. I dont have any pics yet because I dont have a cord for my camera. I need to go buy one on Ebay real quick. I'll go ahead and take one with my camera phone, then go to Wally World and get it on a cd. THEN I can post them on here.
Im SO HAPPY!!!
YAY to ripe pods!!! :woohoo:

congratulations!

(i'm still waiting to hear about your choc habs, lol.)

Thanks guys! Im gonna wait until I get home in about 25 ,imutes before I try it. I was too busy yesterday to take the time to actually taste it and ENJOY it.
Im gonna make sure I split it open so I can get the seeds out. But MAN...that sure is a pretty red that those puppies turn. Looks just like a cherry thats in a jar.
Im gonna take some pics, but it'll be a couple of days before I get it up on the site.

Sean

Well how was it? :)

Mine had a sharp bite that faded fast and it's belly was LOADED with seeds. Relatively thick fleshed though, for such a small pod.

Back