• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

How long does it take for a superhot to change color

How long does it take for lets say Douglah pods to ripen after it is fully grown? Also does it take a longer time if the plant have 50 pods vs a plant with 10 pods? Does the size of the pod matter? Also what color stages does it ripe in? Green to brown or Green - red/orange to brown?

Why i ask is cause my garden was hit heavy by bugs so my plants just starting to recover and put out pods. But my season is soon ended. We already have temps around 18c. So am figuring frost will be in 1½ month. But they are just crazy now, think my douglah have around 60 pods and alot of more flowers. Shame it dident look like this in Jun. Prob gonna overwinter the superhots.

If i have to take in the plants inside do they have to be in the sun to ripe? My plan is to put my 600w HPS and 1 90w ufo lamp on the 10 plants i need pods from if they need light.

//Oscar

It ripens Green to Brown. :-)

Crap one of my pods are orange atm. So maybe it is a hybird then :( Was hoping to grab some true seeds and that the ripening stage was green to orange to brown, had 2 plants of it but i cant find the another one to many plants :) And my tags are lets just not talk about them my marker dident work as good as i tought.

600 watts will finish the fruit if you have to bring it inside.....by inside, I'll guess that inside is >65F.

I know, but how far away can i have the HPS? I want to cover as many plants as possible but i dont wanna screw with the ripening. Lets say i rather have 3 plants that fully ripe then 10 that never ripe.

You will need 30-50 watts/square foot of plant canopy.
HID should be at least 1' from the plant.
Search on this board, there's lots of lighting information.

Back