• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

How long till Butch T peppers mature?

So I finally have quite a few pods on my Butch T plant and I was wondering how long to takes for the pods to mature.
I have had one on there since late August and its dark green but no signs of it turning red.
I am in no rush, I just wanted to have a better idea of the time frame and if there is anything I can do to help it.
Also I had to move the plants indoors since the temputure here in Toronto has been up and down the last while, and I am using a single bulb (made for indoor plants) for the time being.

I grew them summer of 2011 here in Mississauga. I had pods in mid July and the first one ripened during the second week of August. You have to remember it was also at the height of our summer...

I grew them summer of 2011 here in Mississauga. I had pods in mid July and the first one ripened during the second week of August. You have to remember it was also at the height of our summer...

Ya I am wondering if they will take longer to ripen now that they are indoors and not blasted by the sun.

Back