• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

How long will plugs keep

Man I went to the grow store yesterday and bought everything for my upcoming grow including 400 rapid rooter type plugs only they are not rapid rooters. I was thinking I was starring in a couple of weeks but after re-calculating I realized I can't start sooner than the 3-4 wk in Feb. that will put me hardening off mid May which means I we'd to keep these pucks around a fat 4 weeks will they keep that long? They are kind of damp, I took them and broke them down to 50+ put them in storage zip bags, zipped em up put them inside another bag then a box out in the garage where it's cool. Is that the proper way to keep em? It's $80 worth of pucks .... Poor planning on my part might cost me huh? Anybody know?

what are they made from,
maybe y'all could freeze them to retard spoilage?

why don't you start a few "early" and see if there is any advantage/disadvantage
{find out for your self, please do not beleive all that 'they' tell us}

i have problems waiting for 'the right time'

why is eleven to twelve weeks 'the right amount of time'?
{some seeds sprout in one week others in four weeks }

Echoing Nitwit, why not start now? I waited until the first week of January and I still have seeds yet o sprout. Tons of growers have started their logs and have similar plant out times. If I could do it again I would have started a week or two earlier.

My .02

It depends on the type of plugs but if you seal them up good in a plastic bag or something they should keep for 4 weeks no problem. I kept my Bio Dome plugs for at least that long in a tied off garbage bag and they were still perfect.

what are they made from,
maybe y'all could freeze them to retard spoilage?

why don't you start a few "early" and see if there is any advantage/disadvantage
{find out for your self, please do not beleive all that 'they' tell us}

i have problems waiting for 'the right time'

why is eleven to twelve weeks 'the right amount of time'?
{some seeds sprout in one week others in four weeks }

Can't plant out til 1st wk in June and don't have room for 300 or more plants indoors nor the lights. I have 4 2 1/2 x 4ft 4 bulb T5's. I have done done experiments already I have a Butch T and 2 Infinitys that where started 12/10/11 and IMO are ready to plant out now. In another 6 to 8 wks they would be monsters. Thanks for the info as far as what they ate made of I think some kind of peat they are rapid rooter knockoffs only more compact and firm and the guy at the grow shop prefers em over the 2 others he had including rapid rooters. I'm shooting to have these ready to harden 1st or 2nd week in May. It takes about a week to harden right? Here in Portlant it could still be pouring rain then lol

Back