How long would fresh pods last in SFRB

So as the title says, how long would fresh pods last in an SFRB?

Fresh pods are hard to come by in Japan, so I was thinking of importing some from the US (assuming any vendors still have them). Shipping in a SFRB internationally costs roughly $24 and takes 6-10 days for delivery.

No go?

Well, that settles that then. Then again I suppose I could try aussieland since time zone is roughly equivalent.  Can any aussies comment?

meinchoh said:
Judy, could a grower in California get them out there a little quicker?

I doubt it, it's still dependent on the US postal system. 6 days minimum for priority. 4 days for express, but thats like $80, so eff that haha

What if you could get the fresh pods in a ~big hard box which has some small holes to allow a little air inside. You can figure it out how the pods would be safe inside. I guess one of the main problems is fresh air when you get them in sfrb. Otherwise, in a room they easily last two weeks and still firm enough, especially when picked just before totally ripe.
I'm sure you would find a seller who sends you the pods this way, for a little extra.

Thanks Zoli I'll keep trying. For the time being, the best I can do is to buy frozen pods, but they can be quite expensive from what I have seen here.

I think that is your best bet. Get some pods that are just thinking about turning color and they can color up in the box. Just don't send them in plastic bags. Tom

meinchoh said:
Judy, could a grower in California get them out there a little quicker?

i have shipped internationally before, they arrive in 5 days using express mail, they cost more but it worth the money.
Cali could be faster in one day or so 

Back