• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

How many of ya...?

Still have peppers in the ground in the N hemisphere? Mine are all doing the best they have all year. I hope it stays mild this year... :beer:
007-2.jpg

Post a pic of what ya got goin...

here's what all my plants look like...now stop gloating...this is after three hard frosts and one hard freeze of 21F

12-08-11014.jpg

;)

i'll have to tke an updated pic this weekend, mine are still trudging away even though its been in the upper 30's at night last few nights, and mid 60's during the day.

I'm in Clearwater fl. I only have three plants I left alive. I " expiremented" with the others. One yellow bhut. One fatali. And one naga. I live the yellow bhut and fatali. They are doing great. More flowers now than previous month. Also baby pods. Hopefully they will produce and ripen thru winter. I'm just ready for next season. This was my first year. Oh yea I have a yellow scorp cardi. More orange than yellow tho.

Bud

All my plants in the garden were wiped out by a frost and freeze in late October. I do have one piquin in a pot right next to my building that is toughing it out so far. Not bad for December in Maryland. I was thinking about wrapping her in Christmas lights to see if she can last til January.

here is what i am playing with over the winter here in SD.
mystery pepper still putting out pods
IMG_3061.jpg

yellow 7 i am giving it to my buddy to make room for the new wave of plants im sprouting
IMG_3063.jpg

choc hab
IMG_3065.jpg

little seedlings naga morich, white 7, fatalii, carmen, choc scorp, choc habXred hab, datil
IMG_3066.jpg

douglah and brain strain, they have a nite deficiency i am trying to flush the soil.
IMG_3067.jpg

devils tongue red 15 pods and still coming
IMG_3072.jpg

choc bhut i saved from death it had just one side shoot still alive and revived it in DWC
IMG_3068.jpg

brain strain DWC
IMG_3071.jpg

douglah DWC
IMG_3070.jpg

choc bell dwc
IMG_3069.jpg

getting all ready for spring so this year i am not behind like i was last year!

I guess this counts. I moved these plants (left-Tepin, right-Tabasco) into pots and put them in the shelter of my bananas for the winter. These plants kind of got a late start last season, so I decided to keep 'em, but I needed to till the bed where they were so they got potted. The tops of the bananas get hammered by the cold, but near the bases it's pretty well-protected and usually I don't see much frost damage.
overwintering.jpg

All my outside plants are now dead, we got a freeze about a month ago. I have new seedlings growing though, I know, its pretty early. BTW, I just put the snow blower on the front of the garden tractor today, it is 20 degrees outside and the lakes/streams are freezing over. :( :( :(

Back