How much charcoal or propane

I grill or smoke at least twice a week!! But never use propane!!!!!!!!!! :evil: hahaha use a bag of charcoal every 2 weeks and for smoking hard to give an amount. So ill say a Hell of a lot of wood/pellets!!! :)

juanitos said:
i get that kingsford when it's half off at lowes and homedepot earlier in season around memorial day.

i use like 5lb per 10 hours or so.
+1 
Depends what I am smoking but typically 10-15lbs - I also grill with charcoal  so for a week 20-30lbs and for a season, again, depends what I am up to for a smoke and my season never stops. I am that neighbor who grills and smokes in a snow storm, So I would say over 200lbs a year easy-

This year we purchased 10 of the two packs of KF comp bricks at Costco and 20 big bags of royal oak from Home Depot.  Three 10lb bags of smoking wood (cherry, oak, apple) and one small bag of alder wood.  <-- All that was done in Feb/March when stuff was on sale to stock up for the season.  Augmented that with 8 two packs of regular kingsford on a good deal around fathers day.  Have 3 Royal Oak left, along with 4 two packs of regular kingsford.  Maybe about 1/3 bag of the oak.  

Picked up a small bag of pecan last weekend after reading on THP that it's good to smoke peppers with.  It's been a delicious summer.   ;)

Edit - We cook around the area for bbq comps and charity events so that's why that whole shit ton of wood was listed.  I'd estimate a quarter to a third of it was home usage.   :)

So far this season, about 2-3 tanks of propane (take that OS :D ) and 50 or so pounds of charcoal for the smoker. The smoking oak either comes from firewood or left over hardwood floor scraps and I buy bags of the apple wood. On my second now.

Most of my weekly grilling is scheduled around shuttling my teenagers around to activities. No time for a charcoal grill right now. My Genesis does get a lot of use though.

Jeff H said:
So far this season, about 2-3 tanks of propane (take that OS :D ) and 50 or so pounds of charcoal for the smoker. The smoking oak either comes from firewood or left over hardwood floor scraps and I buy bags of the apple wood. On my second now.

Most of my weekly grilling is scheduled around shuttling my teenagers around to activities. No time for a charcoal grill right now. My Genesis does get a lot of use though.
Hahaha Hahaha
original-alrighty-then-349082641.jpg

I usually get 2 bags of royal oak natural lump charcoal and one small bag of pressed briquettes a month April thru august. What the heck is this propane everyone keeps talking about? Lmao j/k I just never use it, its sacrilege in my BBQ circle.

Back