• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

how much per pound ?

Hello , just wondering what a pound of habanero peppers is worth roughly ( in canada ) , the grocery stores seem to charge out the butt for peppers ( hot sweet it dont matter they aren't cheap ) we grew an excessive amount and i have placed a local ad and ppl are asking how much for them ( damn rookie placing an ad without even knowing what i want for em ... now this is only my 4th year growing but have never tried to sell before )so if anyone could give me a rough idea as per how much per pound or per quart would be greatly appreciated

Thanks again

Ha, yeah, I meant to get over here and tell you I had the same question, but I keep getting thrown off by the fragmented forums. We ended up just kinda faking it, but we were mostly doing it for fun.

cool , yeah , we are only selling some of our growth for we are not too sure we would have enough time to use all the pepppers and would hate to see them go to waste . we ended up selling @ $5 per pound and sold 10 pounds , the guy was so happy as he thought he would be going without this year as the grocery store has none and couldnt get him that quantity , makes it worth while just being able to help out like that :oops:

Back