How much to charge?

Hey looking for some input , I'm Gina be selling fresh pods but not sure what to charge? Anybody have any ideas? Anybody out there sell them? Should I sell them by the pod or the pound? I have many different varities but just not sure what to charge.

I think it depends on the demand in your area; like for hot hot pods most local people that want to play around with them really only need one or two pods oppose to someone that is looking to make a batch of hot sauce or is an enthusiest and uses peppers ALL the time in everything (Ive found that those types are far and few locally).

It also depends on how much you have and how much you want to get rid of...think about these things.... do you only want to sell fresh pods or are you comfortable freezing them? Do you want to dry the pods? How much are people willing to spend near you? People are willing to spend more for smaller amounts .. the wholesale concept.. cheaper by the pound. If you are only selling by the pound many people will think "wtf will I do with a pound of these peppers?!"

I've seen at farmers markets peppers sold individually for a set price; like 50 cents a piece )not based on weight(. The fun thing is that it completely up to you!! I hope my comments and questions to ask yourself have been helpful. Regardless of the responses you experience will be like anything else in life, trial and error!

Let us know how it works out for you, good luck!!

xox Nicole

I think it depends on the demand in your area; like for hot hot pods most local people that want to play around with them really only need one or two pods oppose to someone that is looking to make a batch of hot sauce or is an enthusiest and uses peppers ALL the time in everything (Ive found that those types are far and few locally).

It also depends on how much you have and how much you want to get rid of...think about these things.... do you only want to sell fresh pods or are you comfortable freezing them? Do you want to dry the pods? How much are people willing to spend near you? People are willing to spend more for smaller amounts .. the wholesale concept.. cheaper by the pound. If you are only selling by the pound many people will think "wtf will I do with a pound of these peppers?!"

I've seen at farmers markets peppers sold individually for a set price; like 50 cents a piece )not based on weight(. The fun thing is that it completely up to you!! I hope my comments and questions to ask yourself have been helpful. Regardless of the responses you experience will be like anything else in life, trial and error!

Let us know how it works out for you, good luck!!

xox Nicole

Good first-hand Knowledge Nicole! Thanx for that...Be Well....

Don't underestimate the customer's knowledge either! Will you have competition there with other sellers? That would have a lot to do with it as well. If you are the only one selling, it's up to you to hype the product. Start small and see how it goes! AND good luck!

Back