How to defeat Capsaicin Cramps

Ive learned that the best thing that has worked for me is to immediately eat some solid food afterwords! It really works! This along with the laying on the couch or bed and doing the belly rub is the best cure for cap cramps in my book.

Recently I overdid the ghost pepper thing. I keep forgetting that it doesn't just hit in the mouth. Pepto Abysmal worked fairly well.

Yep best way to defeat cap cramps is to not get them. Don't eat whole superhots unless prepared do deal with the cramps. Also prep is a must, NEVER on an empty tummy.

Or you could just snort superhot powder. All of the high none of the cramps. Ohh, hope yer not planning on using yer face, for about a week.  :doh:

Capsaicin cramps are the WORST!!.......Man I remember the 1st time I got them I ate a Reaper and didn't know WTF was going on, but that shit HURT!!

Roguejim said:
According to our resident biochemist, Dr. Nigel Carter, who has left the forum, 2 TBLS baking soda in 8oz water, chugged straight down. It throws off the stomach PH so the pain receptors don't function. May have to repeat dosage as the stomach corrects its own PH.
This has worked for me.

It doesn't have to be just raw superhots.  I know a lot of people, myself and my husband included that had extremely bad reactions from eating hot sauces containing a lot of superhots &/or capsaicin. 

Hubby and I both got hit hard from accidentally eating some Incinerator hot sauce made with 7 pots, morugas, and Pure Evil concentrate, along with juice, peaches, and a few other ingredients.  He passed out, I thought he was having a heart attack, then ended up on the bathroom floor until puking.  I just did the fetal-position on the bathroom floor until it subsided about an hour later.

Don't want to get this all sidetracked, especially since I don't have any wonder cures for the cap cramps (other than not eating the stuff on an empty stomach in the first place!!!).  Just wanted to add that that anythign with a lot of capsaicin in it can cause the problem. 

Good idea to have some suggestions on your website. 

salsalady said:

He passed out, I thought he was having a heart attack, then ended up on the bathroom floor until puking.  I just did the fetal-position on the bathroom floor until it subsided about an hour later.

It's a bit shameful that there is no photographic evidence of you two on the bathroom floor together. "the couple that blows out their digestive system together stays together"?  Wait, that doesn't rhyme....lol

:lol:

Actually, he had first dibs on the floor.  He kept insisting the hot sauce was one thing and I kept saying No It Isn't. It's the other milder sauce.  Well that's what we get for not having clearly labeled bottles.  After he was coming around, I grabbed the bottle and downed a large teaspoon...kind of a "see, it's not that hot..."

Oh, F@<K!!!!  then it was my turn on the bathroom floor.

:lol:

there may or may not have been re-wines involved.  :halo:

Back