How to encourage new leaf growth

hows it going got a bit of a problem with one of my little plants (trinidad scorpion) took the little guy outside to get some sun when to check up on it and found that a family member had damaged the little guy :banghead: , the top 1/3 of the plant shriveled up and died leaving the plant with only a 4 in stem with no leaves, it managed to survive but no has no leaves and i was wondering if there is any way to help accelerate new leaf growth or its it just going to be a waiting game for new growth?? thanks for the help in advance 

Hawaiianero said:
TLC and patience. The worst thing to do would be to try and force anything. Assuming soil and nutrients are good just let it be. Don't overwater and don't let it dry out either.
Thanks for the input I have two seedlings with the same problem I'll keep then and hope girls the best.

I recently set out some Brazilian Starfish plants out in a spot where I had some spinach growing in pots. As I was tending the garden I heard my 4-year old grandson start spitting out and saying "eeeewwww". When I turned to look I saw a mouth full of green leaves and a pot that used to hold one of my starfish but now only had a stem sticking out of the dirt. It was hard to laugh and be mad at the same time so I just laughed and helped him wash his mouth out. After 2 weeks of nothing but stem little signs of life started showing and now, 1 month later it's as healthy as can be.

Hawaiianero said:
I recently set out some Brazilian Starfish plants out in a spot where I had some spinach growing in pots. As I was tending the garden I heard my 4-year old grandson start spitting out and saying "eeeewwww". When I turned to look I saw a mouth full of green leaves and a pot that used to hold one of my starfish but now only had a stem sticking out of the dirt. It was hard to laugh and be mad at the same time so I just laughed and helped him wash his mouth out. After 2 weeks of nothing but stem little signs of life started showing and now, 1 month later it's as healthy as can be.

haha kids are great, had a little avocado growing and my cousin wanted to water the plant (didnt ask) when out to see what they were doing found my plant floating sideways in water :/
blitz said:
Wait. Probably in 3 weeks you ll have a bushy plant again. 
hope so little guy is getting tons of attention right now bout 1 week in now glad it stopped withering at a certain point,

Side note bad its happens to anyone but gland im not the only one its happened to

Give it as much light as possible, so long as it's not staying out in really cold weather to do so... try to keep it above 50F lows.

Dave2000 said:
Give it as much light as possible, so long as it's not staying out in really cold weather to do so... try to keep it above 50F lows.
its staying Indore until spring to "chilli" outside hehe thanks for the advice gona add some extra lighting :D

I had a rabbit or deer or something eat the tops off most of my plants this year. What I did was trim the damage off to the nearest "fork" with a clean cut thats easier to heal. Then gave them a little fish fertilizer - a 5-1-1 and then left them alone. They came back like crazy and even bushier. 

boostdemon said:
I had a rabbit or deer or something eat the tops off most of my plants this year. What I did was trim the damage off to the nearest "fork" with a clean cut thats easier to heal. Then gave them a little fish fertilizer - a 5-1-1 and then left them alone. They came back like crazy and even bushier. 
the cut you did was it at at an angle or just perpendicular to the stem?

slight angle to prevent water collecting in the stem but honestly it doesn't matter. It will die back a bit and the key is that new shoots will come from the "crotch" in the branch. 

Back