• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

How to plant sprouted peppers into hydro?

Hey guys, i thought this would be pretty simple but im hearing its not.

I have true leaves on sprouted plants and im waiting until the third set, but then i wanted to transplant one into my hydroponic waterbucket setup.

How do i go about doing this? Do i just brush off the dirt from sprout and plant it into the hydroton clay pebbles? Or what do i have to do?

ok, so if the plant is already growing in soil there is no need for rocks wool. what i did was rinse as much soil of the roots as you can and bury the roots and some stem in the hydroton. keep it out of direct sun and long under lights till it starts to grow, what i would do is take a small syringe and suck up some solution out of the bucket and squirt it over the root area every 3-4 days to keep the roots from drying out. the brain strain i have now i sprouted in soil, after 2nd leaf i pulled rinsed roots and placed into a rapid rooter plug and into the hydroton it went, i would wet the plug every few days when i saw it was looking dry and it has 30+ pods on it now and 4 are ripening. remember you want to keep the solution in the buckets as cool as possible! i was having temp issues and the roots were not growing, but now they are OUT OF CONTROL

ok, so if the plant is already growing in soil there is no need for rocks wool. what i did was rinse as much soil of the roots as you can and bury the roots and some stem in the hydroton. keep it out of direct sun and long under lights till it starts to grow, what i would do is take a small syringe and suck up some solution out of the bucket and squirt it over the root area every 3-4 days to keep the roots from drying out. the brain strain i have now i sprouted in soil, after 2nd leaf i pulled rinsed roots and placed into a rapid rooter plug and into the hydroton it went, i would wet the plug every few days when i saw it was looking dry and it has 30+ pods on it now and 4 are ripening. remember you want to keep the solution in the buckets as cool as possible! i was having temp issues and the roots were not growing, but now they are OUT OF CONTROL

Thanks! What are root plugs?

i used suregrow squares they work very nice for me i rinsed the roots off under room temp water then cut a slit in the square half way threw place the stem in it about 1/2" from the root sat it in the net pot fill with small lava rock in a few days the roots were growing and in a week they where in the nutes and gong crazy u dont have to use rapid rooters or sure grow it more of a stableizer for the plant not to fall over till it is rooted
dont forget to rinse off ur growing medium

Back