Howdy!

I'm new here. Main interest is in Poblano Hot Sauce out of Tucson, AZ. I love the stuff and can't get it anywhere any longer. Lot's of confusion...the last man who made it regularly died and the rest of the family hasn't stepped up properly and continued the legacy. Not sure why. The stuff on the market that tries to fill that gap is good but has way too much cumin in it and it's great on chili but not a lot else.

:welcome: and see here!

Thank you so much. That's literally the post that I found with Google.com that led me to this forum. He has some modifications to it and sounded like he was going to continue but the thread just sort of stopped.

I agree the sauce was really good. I'd best describe it as an earthy taco sauce. All the flavors were rich and melded. Most tacos sauces are sharp with vinegar and certain notes like garlic, onion, or cumin stand out. Not here. That's why it's hard to replicate.

Now that I think about it it almost tasted like an enchilada sauce, if you added vinegar and more heat.

Hey UnknownJAE, I sent you some messages. In the end I think I got pretty close, but I'll let you be the judge of that. You can't imagine my surprise when I saw an email that somebody resurrected that old thread. I wish the family would just give up the recipe, it's a shame they can't get it together.

Which thread was resurrected? The one I linked to was last replied to in 2021.

Hey UnknownJAE, I sent you some messages. In the end I think I got pretty close, but I'll let you be the judge of that. You can't imagine my surprise when I saw an email that somebody resurrected that old thread. I wish the family would just give up the recipe, it's a shame they can't get it together.
Still new to this forum, but I really liked that last recipe you posted on that old thread. It got close, but I pickled once with seeds and once without and one was too hot and the other was not hot enough. I have a tiny bit of old bottled sauce (2020 batch maybe I canโ€™t recall) I am comparing it to for smell reference but that may have gotten hotter over time too. You definitely did some great work. I may never replicate it (and I would love to get it perfect) but I may end up with something I like just as much.

Back