How's it Going? Rich in Torrington CT.

Hello all,

Name is rich, I've been gardening and growing hot peppers for about 6 years or so. Started off with Habaneros, Jalapenos, Thai's and such then slowly upgraded to super-hots. I've been making and selling sauces for about 3 years now. I just recently Picked up a couple Soxhlet extractors and some distilling apparatus and will start doing limited small batches of extract sauces. I'm also doing some dry crushed pepper in pepper-mills.

I have 4 raised gardens that I grow in. One is 24' x 36' and three are 3' x 32'. I recently added drip irrigation and auto fertilization to the raised beds and all are covered in heavy weed-stop fabric. Basically all there is to do is plant and watch 'em grow. I have full sun in the summer from about 9am to an hour before sunset.

I'm not in it for the money I make enough to replenish bottles and supplies to keep the hobby going. I love to cook so playing with the sauces is a lot of fun. I also grow tomatillos, tomatoes, garlic, onions and herbs also. Those are generally for salsas which I "CAN" and have them all winter and spring.

I've also been trying my hand at grafting to try some new things next season.

When I'm not growing stuff or cooking I can be found making furniture or on Amateur Radio (Callsign: W1SPS)

I happened upon the forum and it looked interesting. So. Here I am. If I can help anyone let me know.

Rich

W1SPS said:

Hi Rich, There's a few of us New Englanders here.
JfgE6Ce.gif

:welcome: from the Pacific NorthWest, USA!

Welcome Rich! You said grafting.. Are you keeping some peppers going thru the winter as well? 
What's your favorite mill for peppers? 

I've never run out of interesting reads on here, or great people to converse with.. Something that grows more true by the day.
They are the best!!  :metal:

Back