• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Huge Leaves

These have to be the biggest leaves I've ever seen on a pepper plant.

IMG_1336.jpg

IMG_1339.jpg

Hope the pods grow the same way ;)

gasificada said:
Wow! :shocked:

What kind of pepper is that?

Im not entirely sure what it is. The pod the seeds came from was definatly some type of yellow chinense.

Noshownate said:
when do you start fertilizing fade? That is one big leaf i bet your pods will be just as big Hopefully!

Those plants started getting fertilizer at about 4-6" I would guess is when i potted them. Since then they have gotten a dose of miracle gro every 2 weeks. I have also been mixing a tbl spoon of MG slow release bone meal into the top of the potting mix, along with spraying with epsom salt solution once a week for about a month. The PH is a bit low, but I'm waiting for my shipment from home depot to arrive with some garden lime

FadeToBlack said:
Thanks!
Trying my best as a noob to absorb all the info and put it to work in the garden.

Your doin it.:hell:

I was told when i got my first pepper plant to use Bone/blood meal cna't believ i havent since:crazy:, how much epsom do you mix in your water? do you rinse the salt off or let it soak in?

Noshownate said:
Your doin it.:hell:

I was told when i got my first pepper plant to use Bone/blood meal cna't believ i havent since:crazy:, how much epsom do you mix in your water? do you rinse the salt off or let it soak in?

I have been mixing 1 TBL spoon per gallon and misting the plants. I just leave it on, I havent been rinsing anything off.

My Aji amarillo have huge leaves like that but now the leaves are bent and twisted.. I'm still trying to get pics on the net, so yes I know pics are great.. Cos I would like to know more,, and show for help on what to do.

POTAWIE said:
Often big leaves means low light levels. How much sun is your plant getting this time of year

6-8 hours of direct sunlight a day.

Seems to be only the lower leaves that have been growing on the plant for a long time.
Which is also being shaded but the widening upper growth.

Back