• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Hungarian Hot Cherry Pepper

Howdy!

With my order of Tepin seeds from pepperlover.com, they sent me some Hungarian Hot Cherry peppers. I was wondering if anyone has grown and/or tried these before. What are they like? Very sweet? Nice heat similar to a Serrano? Or are they more mile? etc.

Thanks!

i haven't had pepperlover's hungarian version but i have had cherry peppers and currently eating a fresh cherry bomb and use pickled hot cherry peppers. my guess is they are all similar(the cherry variety that is). regular cherry had a semi-sweet flavour. not as hot as a serrano but then there are lots of variations of serrano. nice thick crunchy flesh so the flavour is instant. where serrano has the placenta that runs the length of the pepper with seeds, the cherry has a hanging placenta ball just under the stem with the seeds that circle the ball. that part is annoying, very annoying, so you best scoop out the seeds.

for the cherry bombs i am using, i sliced the side off the pepper, then with a sharp knife, i scraped the seeds from the placenta ball(this way i can use the large bare placenta). i thinly sliced the pepper and put it on a nice ham sandwich, with some mustard, mayonnaise, cucumber tomato and lettuce. at the end of the meal i had some nose drip happening. and don't be afraid to just eat the pepper slices fresh.

if you have the room give them a go! the last time i grew cherry peppers, they grew fast and were maintenance free.

Back