Hungarian Paprika varieties - Seed quest

Hello all

I am based in Johannesburg, South Africa and would like to grow different varieties of real Hungarian Paprika. Locally we get Paprika seeds but it seems to be generic. The packet even indicates that varieties may differ from what is shown on the photo on the front of the seed packet.

I'd like to connect with someone in Hungary who could assist me in obtaining some seeds.

Cheers

Hein

Hi!

I live in Budapest and I can get you some seeds. My mom grows a few, I can tell you what they are exactly on monday.
If those are not the type you are looking for then I can buy what you need and mail it!

Excellent, thanks Zoli. I am looking for any varieties at this stage as I am only starting my Hungarian Paprika expedition now.

Hey Hein! I checked the peppers yesterday and we dont know which variety they are. My mother just bought them as plants, maybe they have crossed with each other too.
So I think the best for you is I buy the seeds at a store. Do you have any exact idea what kind you want to grow? sweet/hot/both? How many variety and seeds do you need?
They are quite cheap, name them and I check if I can buy them on wednesday, then mail it for you right after!

Hi Zoli. I learnt last night that a very good friend is travelling to Budapest from Johannesburg next month. He will bring back some seeds for me. Thank you very much for your efforts.

eu8r.jpg

Back