• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Hurricane Irma Help

You're a good man, Charlie Brown.

We dodged a bullet down here. The house held up. Family and the dog are okay. I'm one of very few in the neighborhood with power. Streets are starting to open up again. Lost the bulk of my grow and it looks like the Wicked Mike's thing is probably done, but that's life.

If there's anyone in Dade, Broward, or Monroe that needs a hand, get in touch. Hot meals and hot showers, at the least.

SmokenFire said:
Have been talking on and off with SoS, Sirex, Cheri and Wicked Mike.  Trees are down all over by Mike, flooding and wind damage by Sirex.  Didn't hear from SoS until early this morning, seems that his place is intact but not much other info other than he and his are ok.  Cheri is getting rain and strong winds but thus far no flooding, but that could change anytime.  
Thank You Brother Smoke. Glad to hear they are safe.  Hopefully Cheri will remain flood free in her area. Thanks for keeping us posted brother.

sirex said:
Love this community man. Even through all my personal stuff and lack of presence here instill feeling the love.

I keep in contact with Wicked Mike, Student of Spice, SmokenFire and Cheri every day even if I'm not here. Been that way for over a year.

We are good. No power. Friend is going to let me borrow a small generator though. Fence damage. A little facia damage. Downed trees. But family is safe.

Thank you so much ! There are many, many who fared worse than me. The entire state was basically under a 24 hour tornado warning and they were popping up everywhere. I'm on the east coast, the mainland of Cocoa Beach and we got a lot of wind and flooding but thank the universe that me and the people I care about are safe.
Thank You sirex for keeping us posted. We were all praying for you and lots of good love vibes going out from the community. Keep us informed on your progress we are all in your corner. :)

Rawkstah said:
My grandma said all is well.  Minor damage and the flooding is mild.  Waiting to hear back from my Uncle.  He had evacuated with his dogs to a shelter, last I heard on our family phone tree he was safe, but I'm not sure how his house is, hoping for the best but it sits 2 blocks from the gulf, sandwiched by a bay.  They also have no power at the moment. 

My friends in Miami are all good, electricity is back but they said cell service has been really crappy.  BigB is good, no power, a few downed trees. Friend in St. Pete said very minimal damage, he drove around this morning and didn't see any broken windows, structural damage, or flooding anywhere.  He posted some videos during the eye but I don't  know how to share them here. 
Oh Thank Goodness your Grandma and Uncle are that is whats most important. Glad to hear your friends are safe as well. And let BigB know we were praying for him and his family as well. Was very worried about him. Thank You for keeping us updated let us know when any other news becomes available hope there home made it. I see they are working on restoring power as the number one priority. 
Thanks again Rawk.

Crispee-FL said:
Happy to report as is well here. Minor damage (downed trees) and 30 hours without power (generator crapped out about 3 hours into power loss) and no cell signal. Now for clean up! hope everyone else within its path is good without any major damage. She was a nasty bugger.
Crispee so Glad to hear you are safe and that damage was minor. Thank You for posting we all have been so worried. Cleanup will be a tough job but it starts the healing process. Again Thank You for the update. And lets get some maint on that generator ok :)

CheriLBW said:
Wonderful offer OS, thank you both for it.
medium wind damage in this area, but nothing really bad in my location.
The city of Charleston is flooded, but much as we hate it, it is somewhat expected.
Much love to all of you.
Thank You Cheril I will let Heather know. Yes Charleston took a hit lots of flooding will be a big cleanup. Just love that city. Hopefully the cleanup will go quickly. Thanks again for keeping us updated and glad you are safe. :)

Wicked Mike said:
You're a good man, Charlie Brown.

We dodged a bullet down here. The house held up. Family and the dog are okay. I'm one of very few in the neighborhood with power. Streets are starting to open up again. Lost the bulk of my grow and it looks like the Wicked Mike's thing is probably done, but that's life.

If there's anyone in Dade, Broward, or Monroe that needs a hand, get in touch. Hot meals and hot showers, at the least.
Thats terrible brother Mike but am so glad your are safe and unharmed. Heather and I are so sorry to hear about your grow my friend if Heather and I can do anything just ask my Brother you are always in our thoughts and prayers my friend. And again a prime example of the wonderful people here at THP even when tragedy strikes you still extend your hand to help those around you. You are a credit to this community and humanity as a whole. Please keep us posted and again we are so glad you are safe and the pup as well my friend.

Pepper people are the best. Everyone in this community is included in this statement you all should be proud you are wonderful people full of love and share it with all in our community. To all members there friends and family's we are still praying for you and still worried so please continue to post. Anyone who needs it are still welcome to a room with us if needed. Please be careful and stay safe we still have a ways to go beforw we put this one behind us.

Again Thank You to the community at large just wonderful people each and every one of you.
God Bless

Glad to know our THP friends  are  safe.. you & your families are in my thoughts.
Have been Checking in with my folks there in Leesburg,they have no Power but otherwise  they have no damage to their property.
Wish they had a generator...but at least they  are safe with a roof over their head.

Thanks OS for your generous offer & warmth,as they say here "You're the Bestest" indeed!!And to Wicked Mike kudos also.
Stay safe all..warm thoughts!

No power, no water. Drove 15 miles to get Wi-Fi. Most of my plants are destroyed but no structure damage on the property besides a gutter I may have backed livestock trailer into? We rode our bikes around town today and there are thousands of huge hundred year old Oaks down on lots of power lines. Lots of clean up crews are running out of fuel. We had looting at Rural king and a dollar store. Police are at all lights and outside of pawn shops and gun stores. Talk is power could still be a week away? People are also starting to get in fights. Police have already been to all kinds of peoples streets because neighbors are brandishg firearms and fist fighting accordng to F.B. we good and will be safe. Peace and bless up.

wiriwiri said:
Glad to know our THP friends  are  safe.. you & your families are in my thoughts.
Have been Checking in with my folks there in Leesburg,they have no Power but otherwise  they have no damage to their property.
Wish they had a generator...but at least they  are safe with a roof over their head.

Thanks OS for your generous offer & warmth,as they say here "You're the Bestest" indeed!!And to Wicked Mike kudos also.
Stay safe all..warm thoughts!

Thank You wiriwiri so Glad to hear your folks are safe and their property is undamaged i wish they were closer i have a generator available for anyone that needs it.  

sicman said:
No power, no water. Drove 15 miles to get Wi-Fi. Most of my plants are destroyed but no structure damage on the property besides a gutter I may have backed livestock trailer into? We rode our bikes around town today and there are thousands of huge hundred year old Oaks down on lots of power lines. Lots of clean up crews are running out of fuel. We had looting at Rural king and a dollar store. Police are at all lights and outside of pawn shops and gun stores. Talk is power could still be a week away? People are also starting to get in fights. Police have already been to all kinds of peoples streets because neighbors are brandishg firearms and fist fighting accordng to F.B. we good and will be safe. Peace and bless up.
Ok wow please be careful brother so glad you and the family are safe and unharmed. Can't believe people would loot during tragedy those are the lowest of low. Hope you have a generator. I hear the crews are working non stop to get power up asap. Hope you are up and running soon my friend. Hope the animals are all well. So sorry to hear about your plants. Anything we can do just ask. Stay home if you can and stay safe we are all praying for you.
And thanks for keeping us posted.

Just heard from my uncle this morning, house itself isn't too badly damaged but they still need someone to check the roof. Their property otherwise is pretty ransacked with downed trees and debris and some flooding.  No power or water still. My other uncle's aunt and cousin's place in Key Largo did not fair as well. Luckily they can stay with my family in Naples for a while as things are rebuilt. 

WickedMike and Sic I don't have much but you guys are welcome to any seeds I still have to start new plants when the time comes. Or I'd be more than happy to contribute to a regrow fund for you two so you can get the seeds/plants you want from legit vendors. 

Rawkstah said:
Just heard from my uncle this morning, house itself isn't too badly damaged but they still need someone to check the roof. Their property otherwise is pretty ransacked with downed trees and debris and some flooding.  No power or water still. My other uncle's aunt and cousin's place in Key Largo did not fair as well. Luckily they can stay with my family in Naples for a while as things are rebuilt. 

WickedMike and Sic I don't have much but you guys are welcome to any seeds I still have to start new plants when the time comes. Or I'd be more than happy to contribute to a regrow fund for you two so you can get the seeds/plants you want from legit vendors. 
Glad to hear your uncle is safe and well. Hope the roof is safe. The power is a big factor for many. Hope they have a generator. Sorry to hear about the rest of the family so sad to see the destruction. But they are safe and well so thank goodness for that Rawk. Nice that the family will pull together to help. Wish them all the best for us here. Are prayers are with them all.
Regrow fund for those in the community that are in need Fantastic idea. 
Thanks again for the update Rawkstah.

This kind of reminds me of Sandy, in that, the full scope of destruction will take days or even weeks to appreciate, but in the meantime, people saying it wasn't that bad of a cane. It was.

(not you guys)

Where you at sicman? Outside Tampa right? I'm mainland Cocoa Beach.

We have no power either. They say could be restored by end of weekend. Talk is maybe East Coast be fully restored by end of weekend creeping into next week possibly. The West, which sustained substantial damage could be weeks. Rebuilding grids etc.

Neighbor one street over had a 50ft 7 ft round pine fall. We had a half solid 30 foot oak fall, we fell the rest. Huge pines and oaks down all over the city knocking live wires down. Cars driving all over em...crazy bastards.....

I've been AFK but thinking about all y'all in Florida all weekend. 

OldSalty, much love to you for posting your offer of shelter.  

As things start to settle down, now the hard work starts for people in both of these hurricane areas.  I'll be watching for ways to help.  

PS- THP rocks  :cool:

Back