hydro temperature

Hi

This year I'm trying my hand at a hydro grow (just to see how it goes). The "victim" is a hp22b in a dwc bucket.

My question for you guys wold be what temperature should I keep my reservoir at? More likely, what temperatures should I keep it within for optimal/acceptable growth? (I will just be using ice bottles to cool it, so no chiller/heater)

From the "other" forums, optimum temp seems to be 68F/20C, but how low/high can I go from there without damaging anything?

Thanks!

ebh said:
From the "other" forums, optimum temp seems to be 68F/20C, but how low/high can I go from there without damaging anything?

Thanks!

If I recall correctly from my DWC days once you get over 75 you will probably start inviting root rot and other nasties.

And anything lower than 65 you start inhibiting growth.

Pretty small window.

As an experiment I've trimed and topped the hydro HP22B a few weeks ago. Also, while it was trimed and growing branches, I've kept feeding it "grow" nutes until I saw the first buds. As a result, now I have, instead of one main stalk, something like 6-7 which kept forking, and hundreads of buds (and a few of them which have turned into flowers). I think it is turning into a tree/bush pretty soon...

This was how it looked at the end of last month: http://thehotpepper.com/topic/45606-extreme-pruning/?p=972421

So, on the same topic I've started this thread, what would be a good temperature to get it outside? I have a 5 gal bucket (I think most of the time about half is full of nutrient solution and it's black), so the temps won't be as constant as with a bigger reservoir. Would something like 25C (77F) max and 15C (59F) be ok for start? 

I know I will have to check reservoir temps myself as I try it out, but I am just trying to get a margin here...

Or, should I just leave the plant under the HPS and not move it outside at all? Would the wind bother it much (I have a fan on it at the moment)?

Thanks!

Back