• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

soil Hydro vs Soil?

Whats better?

Whats cheaper?

Whats benefits of both?

How go hydro? ( I'm willing to try growing one of my brainstrains in it)

Thanks in advance.

Whats better?

Whats cheaper?

Whats benefits of both?

How go hydro? ( I'm willing to try growing one of my brainstrains in it)

Thanks in advance.
Cheaper? I think with experience you might be able to get the lowest cost per pod with hydro. If you are just starting out I would be surprised if hydro is cheaper.
Better? I have had better results with hydro. When you buy nutes you are buying years of research and getting it exactly the way it is planned. With soil there are so many variable you are not controlling. I found hydro easy. Watch two numbers (PPM and PH) and you are going to do fine.
I like flood and drain because it really is easy. If half your reservior is gone the plant will never know the difference. Less work in my opinion than DWC.
If you want fast growth start with hydro and then go to soil.

I am a complete noob and hydro was easy. I never did it during the summer so I will find out if the heat is going to make a big difference.

BTW I grew husk cherries in hydro and they did great. When I decided to grow in soil I killed all of them.

i am growing a brain strain in a DWC out on my baclony and it is EASY! i just have to keep my eye on the water temp as the sun hits the buckets! but i have noticed you get faster growth in the hydro one the roots get established.

Back