Hydrofarm dual 2ft 2-T5 light fixture

Hi, I started growing some pepper plants for a fun winter project. I started sowing seeds on 11/20 and saw my first sprouted on 11//5, which were jalapeños. Now I have jalapeños, Habaneros, sweet peppers, carolona reaper, and Fatalis all growing. He tallest maybe 2 1/2", I have a dual T-5 light fixture overhead about 2" above the tallest plants. I made a homemade grow box with cardboard and is fully lined with foil, less shinny side facing plants.
My question is how long will they be good under that light fixture? Here's a link to what I bought.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0031CA3OM/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1355839427&sr=8-10&pi=SL75

Here's link to my light.

What bulbs do you have? Many of us leave them under 6500k lights for a few months before the plants go in the ground out side.

I've grown many plants under artificial light from seed to harvest. You will be fine, the plants just might need extra attention. Don't get lazy and you will have pods in no time

Does anyone know how far the light range is outside of the footprint if would would call if of this light?
In other words, 2-4" above plants, how far can I have the plants away from the lights? I'm running out of room directly under the lights.

The closer the better but you gotta do what you gotta do. They will just end up getting a little leggier but make sure that you got a fan blowing on the plants to keep your stems strong. THe more the plant itself moves, the stronger it will be.

Back