• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

hydroponic Hydroponic Carolina Reaper Grow

Some drop is normal to start...even a lot. Don't sweat it. Once they figure it out almost all will stick. Paying attention to the temps inside your grow area will help. Try to keep temps in the 70-85 range. An oscillating fan us usually enough to pollinate them for you. Good luck and be patient!!!

By the way we're running the same lights...
Same nutes too! Wow! I added CaliMagic though.

Not sure of others results but my grow last year dropped blooms until the fall when the temps came down to the high 80's day and high 70's at night...but that was outside in soil too so may be apples to oranges as yours is inside hydro

Starting to get a little worried.  This thing is getting so big under the LED I don't know what to do with it.  If I prune it, will it drop the flowers more and keep growing?
Im afraid it is going to take over the whole area.  The pictures do not do it justice.  The pH is also shooting way up everyday which it did not do before.  It is going through 3-4 gallons of water a week.  Flowers are still dropping and no sign of fruit.  Plus on many of the new branches, if I even come close too it, ten flowers that are not opened drop.  
I installed the fan as suggested. it seems like the growth increased 10 fold since adding the fan.

Any suggestions to keep me from losing more sleep at night thinking about this poor girl??

On a positive note, all of my cuttings took in my clone machine I made and I will be doing more nutrient battles in the DWC system outdoors once the weather lets up.  Thinking of going with 10 gallon containers though.

2s0bv3s.jpg

2h3wt5g.jpg

newearthhydroponics said:
Hello everyone! I came across this forum and have been reading a ton of posts today! This is my first post.  I will keep this one short.  I am currently growing peppers for the first time. I am growing them hydroponically in a DWC system and the peppers are Carolina Reapers.  Just wondering if anyone has any tips and if the size of the plant in the video link is normal for 23 days.  I can't figure out how to post a picture yet, so the video link is all I have for right now. I have two plants under a cfl light and two plants under an LED light.  I am also using two different nutrients (one in each bucket). I have been posting videos about it on Youtube. Please feel free to check out the latest video here. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_dN2F9SWm0

Anyways, thanks for any input and I look forward to reading more on this forum!

-NewEarthHydroponics
I know it might be much, but would you happen to have a link or a brand name or model number for the LED you used? I'd like to run an experiment similar to yours and I'd like to get the same (or a similar) LED also wattage

that plant is a beaut! I usually experience extreme blossom drop in late summer when the temps are too high. Are you monitoring your water res temp? Might look at a flowering/bloom nutrient over a high N nutrient as well to see if that helps. 

Found my first pepper on the big girl today finally!!!!!! It is small but its a pepper!!!!  I changed the nutrients again today and went with the General Hydroponics basic 3 pack.  We will see how it goes.  These things are going through 5 gallons of water in 3-5 days now! Have 12 clones ready to go.  Some in soil and some hydro.  Gonna keep messing with different nutrients.  Sadly it is snowing right now!!!  

"Looks great! Whats the wattage on your Led panel? I did my Reaper dwc with hps and yours looks way bushier than mine. "

207W Mars Hydro.  I can't even keep track of how much I have trimmed off.  I have 12 clones from this plant right now.  Can't wait to see how big they get outdoors in bigger containers!

"I know it might be much, but would you happen to have a link or a brand name or model number for the LED you used? I'd like to run an experiment similar to yours and I'd like to get the same (or a similar) LED also wattage"
http://amzn.com/B00JUI6ARK

"that plant is a beaut! I usually experience extreme blossom drop in late summer when the temps are too high. Are you monitoring your water res temp? Might look at a flowering/bloom nutrient over a high N nutrient as well to see if that helps."
Have not measured the temp of the water. I will bring something from work to do that.  Nut change above.

Good grow Amigo. I have several doing drain to waste/hand fed in coco and I decided to stunt them until I can get a suitable space...shade house. It should be here this week.

So I will put some pics up ASAP.

Peace

newearthhydroponics said:
A mars Hydro LED.

I have found a lot of flowers are dropping. Not all but more than what I though would.   I have the pH right around 6 and am going the shake method and q-tip method of pollinating daily.  Am I missing something about the flowers or is it normal for some to dro

Having EC too high can cause flower drop, especially if you are using nutrients high in nitrogen. I had this problem on my first hydro grow. Huge, fast growing plants but flowers kept dropping due to overfeeding.

Back