• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

issue Hydroponic leaf curl

My carolina riper grows hydroponically. The upper leaves became small and curled. There are a lot of flowers, but they are very small in size.
PH many times went beyond normal levels <5.5-5.8>
PPM went up to 1200.
PPM is now around 800, PH 5.8
tell me what the problem is and how to solve it.

photo_2021-09-21_10-49-42.jpg

photo_2021-09-21_10-49-47.jpg

And this is the same Carolina Riper, with the same symptoms, but already growing in the ground

photo_2021-09-21_10-49-51.jpg

I'm no hydroponics expert, but I can try and guess.

What kind of nutrients are you using? What kind of water?

pH sounds kind of low, but I don't think that's the issue. Might want to try and bump it up a bit to 6.0-6.5ish, but upper 5's shouldn't be causing issues that severe.

My guess would be small bugs ( like mites or thrips ) or a maybe a virus.

Check under the leaves with a loupe or magnifying glass to see if you have any tiny bugs on your plant.

If it's a virus, you're out of luck - you'll need to start over. As far as I know, the only way to check for sure if it's a virus is to send a sample to a lab and have them test it.

Last edited:
I'm no hydroponics expert, but I can try and guess.

What kind of nutrients are you using? What kind of water?

pH sounds kind of low, but I don't think that's the issue. Might want to try and bump it up a bit to 6.0-6.5ish, but upper 5's shouldn't be causing issues that severe.

My guess would be small bugs ( like mites or thrips ) or a maybe a virus.

Check under the leaves with a loupe or magnifying glass to see if you have any tiny bugs on your plant.

If it's a virus, you're out of luck - you'll need to start over. As far as I know, the only way to check for sure if it's a virus is to send a sample to a lab and have them test it.
I use Valagro fertilizers

Ground water, without purification, water ph 5.6 ppm ~ 20-40

I did not see any beetles, I carried out an insecticide treatment once a month.
Is this symptom similar to ph disorder?
Is it a fertilizer overdose?

Back