• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

hydroponic Hydroponic Peppers

I have been considering doing the Hydroponic thing with Ghost and Carolina Reaper peppers as the outdoor growing season is ending. Has any member attempted this? I have a great seed stock and have researched on the water, filtration, air supply, lighting for this endeavor. I was planning on this in my attic as it remains warm there all year long and have already purchased the full spectrum grow lights, buckets, pumps, medium etc.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. .

Powelly said:
Loads of people here grow hydroponically! What system did you have planned? Temperature likely won't be a problem if it's under lights

As a matter of fact there was a recent thread on getting started in hydro that a simple-quick search found.>Starting Hydroponics- Advice Needed.... Read through that one for advice from members. You should first decide which system fits your space/needs by researching the different type of systems>Basic Hydroponic Systems....

I watched a Kratky video on the utube a while back and recently dropped a seed in a rockwell cube, 3" net pot and set it down in a quart mason jar with 1/4 strength nutrients.  I do have hydroton lining the bottom and sides of the net cup and water is only at the level of the lower pebbles.  The seed has sprouted and has the cotyledons and one true leaf.  I have a grow light above it and it is looking good.  
This was just started on a whim but I think I'll continue along with this one plant as a learning experience.  I may switch to a larger container later and add an air stone for DWC.
Pretty interesting so far. 

I decided on the DWC system. I am using a 5 bucket system with a commercial duty airpump. For the heat, I will use reflecter lighting and to keep the water warm I will use aquarium heaters. I have full spectrum grow lights also. My winter hobby.

Back