• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

hydroponic hydroponics, does it make a difference to what water i use?

Also depends on the public water's quality... If you wouldn't drink it then your plants probably shouldn't either since you'll be eating them.

i use my tap water and just add1.5tsp fert and adjust the PH. i then check the PH every 2 days as i only have 3 buckets going now, and after 10-14 days i switch the solution!

and i have 30+ pods on my brian strain and 7 choc bells!

i use my tap water and just add1.5tsp fert and adjust the PH. i then check the PH every 2 days as i only have 3 buckets going now, and after 10-14 days i switch the solution!

and i have 30+ pods on my brian strain and 7 choc bells!

+1 Just use tap. I found that out.....

+1
Also, if your water is rather chlorinated, let it sit out for 24 hours. Then check the pH, adjust, add suitable ferts and you're away.
For pH, I'd say anywhere from 5-6 is a good start.

I have seen municipal water with such high mineral content that it caused flower drop. Get a water test report from your water supplier if you have questions.

Or just buy and use distilled water, especially if your H2O has a high mineral and chlorine content. Florinated H2O is not very good either. My H2O at home is not too bad, I just let it sit for 24 hrs, but when I notice the quality is not good, as we have had a drought, I will just buy a couple gallons of distilled H2O.

If your drinking water isn't too hard, you should be fine with using it after letting it sit out for awhile (approx. 12-24 hours) to let the excess chlorine dissipate; there are also some mainstream commercial nutrients that are specifically tailored for use with hard water.

If you're system isn't too big (i.e. water needs), you should be able to get away with buying distilled water from a grocery store/pet store.

But if you ever want to scale up your hydro systems, or get tired of spending extra money and time getting distilled water, you might want to invest in a reverse osmosis system; my systems use hundreds of gallons a month - I can't imagine buying/lugging all that.

Back