• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

hydroponic Hydroponics Fertilizer for Soil

Was just wondering if anyone has tried this and what were the results. I have a few bottles of hydroponics solution that I used to grow lettuce and chard with. Will using the hydroponics solution harm the soil I have now (kill microbes or fungi)?

This is the analysis of the one I have. It has the usual 2 part where you mix to produce the solution.

Part A: nitrogen at 0.02%; phosphorus at 0.13%; potassium at 0.04%; calcium at 0.06%; magnesium at 0.01%.

Part B: sulfur at 0.28 ppm; iron at 63 ppm; zinc at 19 ppm; copper (trace); and manganese at 19 ppm

Chemistry is rocket science to me so I wanted to ask if this would actually help peppers with the usual deficiencies found in some home blend soil.

not sure but i have the dutch masters gold one 2 part and i read on their site go half strength with soil

jlacosta said:
Was just wondering if anyone has tried this and what were the results. I have a few bottles of hydroponics solution that I used to grow lettuce and chard with. Will using the hydroponics solution harm the soil I have now (kill microbes or fungi)?

Any chemical fert you put down can damage the soil web, if that sort of thing is important to you, you need to be researching organic fertilizers. Hydro nutes will not do any more damage than any other chemical fert. It is about all I use for my indoor plants.

I use FoxFarm. Usually dilluted quite heavily for most plants, more so than the recommended amount. I've had good results using it on everything from tomatoes, to peppers, to citrus trees. On plants that feed very heavily, you may need to add calcium and magnesium.

jlacosta said:
Part A: nitrogen at 0.02%; phosphorus at 0.13%; potassium at 0.04%; calcium at 0.06%; magnesium at 0.01%.

i feed at like 300ish mg/l nitrate. thats .3 grams of nitrate nitrogen in each liter of water. or .003% nitrogen by weight...
thats my half assed calculation.

so one part of your fertilizer could make 10 parts of solution? that sounds pretty low tbh. my math is assuming nitrate molar mass = solvent molar mass tho!

queequeg152 said:
 i feed at like 300ish mg/l nitrate. thats .3 grams of nitrate nitrogen in each liter of water. or .003% nitrogen by weight...
thats my half assed calculation.

so one part of your fertilizer could make 10 parts of solution? that sounds pretty low tbh. my math is assuming nitrate molar mass = solvent molar mass tho!

The one I have is a 2 part solution where I mix 10ml of each part to 10 liters of water. Not a popular brand but an initiative of a university here for low cost farming. Not recommended for peppers though as I've tried before, blooms just kept falling but the foilage is actually good.

Back